Account still cleanup after one day

I am currently in Week 1 of Course 1, and am no able to launch the AWS lab. It keep saying “account is still cleanup even it is already after one day since my last launch”

1 Like

@esanina, can you look into this?

2 Likes

@angeline_yap thank you for the message. I have refreshed your lab account, please try to access again.

2 Likes

I am facing the same issue for W3 of the assignment:
Train a model with Amazon SageMaker Autopilot While starting the lab, - getting an error:account is still in cleanup
Can you please fix it? @esanina

1 Like

@akesarwani thank you for the message. I have refreshed your lab account.

1 Like

@esanina Could you please help me refresh the account? I am in C1-W3 of Practical Data Science. Thank you.

1 Like

@Leah_c1 thank you for the message. Your lab account is refreshed now.

1 Like

Hi @esanina !,

Can you please help in refreshing my account? I am getting “account is still in cleanup” error for week 1 lab 1.

1 Like

@NIharika_Roy thanks for the message. Could you please send me your coursera email in a private message.

1 Like

@Niharika_Roy thanks for the message with the email. Unfortunately, I can’t find your account related to the Practical Data Science Course 1, Week 1. Could you please check that the course is correct?

1 Like

The course which I am trying is " Generative AI with Large Language". Do I to post the issue in some other thread ?

1 Like

Hi @esanina ,

I also filled the below form and submitted it after my post here.

Kindly let me know if the the issue has to be reported by some other means.

1 Like

i have the same problem in lab 03 generative ai course can you help me please

1 Like

i have the same problem in lab 03 generative ai course can you help me please ‘‘account is still in cleanup’’

1 Like

@Nihad_senhadji if the problem is with the GenAI course labs, please fill in the following form for each of the labs: GenAI with LLMs Lab Issue Report

1 Like

Hi, @esanina I also have the problem with GenAI with LLM course labs. The error is “account is still in cleanup”. I just filled the form. Thanks !

1 Like

@Qianwen_Guan all of the issues that were submitted via the form have been reviewed and should have been fixed now. Please try to access the lab again.

1 Like

FYI: I just submitted an “account is still in cleanup” error.

1 Like

Hi, I also just submitted the form to solve the “account is still in cleanup” error of Lab 3. Thank you.

1 Like

It seems that my account has been refreshed. I could resume the Lab again. Sorry for the disturbance.

1 Like