Additional Practice Problems?

Hello, I did review all the posts in this forum, but I can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. Does anyone have a specific list of practice problems (with solutions) that I can use to improve my skills. I found the Assignments very useful, but I need to practice 10 different variations of the same concept before I understand it properly. I saw Kaggle recommended, but I tried that a few years ago and found it to be very open-ended and not the best resource for understanding concepts. As I said, I’m looking for practice problems regarding specific concepts with solutions included. Does anyone have any recommendations, beyond what has already been suggested in other posts. Also, please provide specific recommendations. A list of books isn’t very useful. Thanks for reading!

Hey @Durlov,
Welcome, and we are glad that you could be a part of this community! Can you please elaborate as to what kind of practice problems are you referring to? Do you want mathematical problems based on the formulations which are discussed in the lecture videos, or are you looking for some kind of programming problems, for which code is needed to be written. If the former, you may refer to MIT OpenCourseWare and check out the assignments for the associated courses. If the later, then once again, I would need you to elaborate, or even better, give some examples, so that, we may be able to help you better.

Cheers,
Elemento

Hey Elemento,

Thanks for the response! I think both of those types of problems would be good. Let me check out the MIT Open Courseware and get back to you.

Thanks!

Mujib

Hey @Elemento, thanks for the recommendation. The MIT Open Courseware does seem to have some good potential. It definitely has a lot of exercises! And at the very least they provide solutions to the problems.

If it helps any future learners, I’m signing up for the Introduction to Machine Learning course here: Course | 6.036 | MIT Open Learning Library

The syllabus seems to cover all 3 courses of the Machine Learning Specialization from Coursera. So, I’ll probably finish the Coursera ones first and then do the MIT course for “reinforcement learning” :wink:

I’ll try and remember to post an update later on how useful I find the exercises.

Hey @Durlov,
Welcome, and we are glad that you could be a part of our community. I am glad I was able to help you out. As for the programming problems, it would be a little hard to find some form of assignments with solutions. Unfortunately, the only resource where you may find such things are books. Now, I haven’t read many books consisting of programming questions alongside their solutions, but I believe, you may be able to find some books from the “Packt” publishing house, since they usually follow this trend. Let us know if this helps.

Cheers,
Elemento