C2_W1 Permission error when trying to run processing job

When trying to prepare the input & output processor job (just after printing the input ids of a sample sentence) I get the following permission error:

An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateProcessingJob operation: User: arn:aws:sts::443684431570:assumed-role/c21581a419433l1189803t1w443-SageMakerExecutionRole-ZHB2B9VRH81C/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateProcessingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:443684431570:processing-job/sagemaker-scikit-learn-2021-12-08-11-46-55-266 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

I’ve had several issues with the lab for this week (no problems with the other weeks), it’s much slower to load and when I tried to submit my assignment didn’t grade several of the cells in spite of them printing fine. It also didn’t start for ages and I had already asked about this and got help (message topic: cannot-relaunch-c2w2-lab-for-retry).

Would be great if you could take another look, the lab link is here: https://labs.vocareum.com/main/main.php?m=clabide&mode=s&asnid=419432&stepid=419433&hideNavBar=1

Many thanks for your help!

I get the exact error.
I don’t know if any instructor sees this forum though.

Hi @asieh_harati I’ve had responses on other topics, so I think it’s just a question of time. I believe as you’ve posted here you’ll also be notified. I’ll probably try again tomorrow, will let you know if there are any changes for me.

I am having the same issues too,

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateProcessingJob operation: User: arn:aws:sts::101866329276:assumed-role/c21581a419433l1397277t1w101-SageMakerExecutionRole-3UHGKB3L9ULL/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateProcessingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:101866329276:processing-job/sagemaker-scikit-learn-2021-12-14-15-36-41-851 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

perhaps @esanina might be able to provide some help?

@M_ato @asieh_harati @vincent_w sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. Please try the lab access now and let me know please if there are any problems, providing your coursera ID. Thank you!

hmm at the moment it looks like my lab won’t start at all. I’ll send you my coursera ID.

@M_ato There have been some changes in the labs setup, please try the access now and let me know how it goes. Thank you!

1 Like

HI! I am also getting the same error as the others mentioned. I sent you my Coursera ID.

great the lab now runs and i can submit, but still same problem with the grading: for example my SQL query works and I can print a barplot, but these get 0 points (along with other cells, so it doesn’t pass the grade). Any suggestions or do you need more info?

@M_ato I am glad that the lab is working now. In regards to the grading, for that particular error I would suggest to restart the Kernel in the SageMaker Studio, run all of the cells again, and resubmit the notebook. This usually helps. Let us know please how it goes.

Thank you. However, I am having an error that ‘AWS account deactivated’ when trying to start the lab. I’ll drop a message with the details.

It works Elena. Thanks!

1 Like

@vincent_w could you please send me your coursera username or email in a private message. Thank you!