C2W1 Assignment Exercise 5

The grader gives 0/10 for Anomaly Detection even though the test case in the notebook gives the correct answer. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Detailed error message:

Failed test case: unable to parse output for exercise 5.
Expected:
True,
but got:
False.

1 Like

I’m not an MLEP mentor and have not even taken that specialization. Writing test cases that catch all possible errors is hard. In DLS, we see this kind of thing all the time. The most likely possibility is that you have written the code in the notebook in a way that is not general. E.g. you might have hard-coded some assumption about the sizes of the inputs or you might have referenced a global variable that happens to be passed as a parameter to your function directly, instead of referencing it through the appropriate formal parameter of the function. The grader uses a different test case and “Kaboom!” So my suggestion is to take another careful look through your implementation and check for code that is not general. Sorry I can’t say anything that’s actually more specific to this exercise.

1 Like

Paul,

Thanks for trying to help. This seems to be a systemic issue. My code timed out and I had to open the notebook again. I didn’t make any changes to the code and I got 100% when I submitted.

Toby

1 Like

That’s great to hear. Glad that you were able to submit successfully. Sounds like the evidence is this was a problem with the grader backend servers.

1 Like

Hi Paul,
I rebooted my server a couple of times, but still didnt work. My results matches the test results, but it still gives me zero score.
Any idea what should I do? thanks
Jingchao

I’m not a mentor for MLEP, so I don’t know anything about the contents of the assignments or whether the graders work in a similar way to DLS and other courses. The first step would be to look carefully at the output from the grader. Is there a “Show grader output” link to get more detail?

But I’m not very likely to be able to help here. The hope would be one of the MLEP mentors will be able to help.

Regards,
Paul

Hi @Jingchao_Song ,
welcome back to the community!

Please DM me your notebook and I will check what’s the problem

As of Today, September 5th, 2023, I am still having the same problem as Toby.

Here is the output of the test case in the notebook for exercise 5, which matches the eexpectation, but I got 0 for exercise 5 from the autograder, which complains “Failed test case: unable to parse output for exercise 5.
Expected:
True,
but got:
False.”

Please help, thanks!

Anomaly short description Anomaly long description
Feature name
‘medical_specialty’ Unexpected string values Examples contain values missing from the schema: Neurophysiology (<1%).
‘glimepiride-pioglitazone’ Unexpected string values Examples contain values missing from the schema: Steady (<1%).

It’s good now. I completed laters exercises, and now the errors previously seen in exercise 5 is gone.
Hope this helps any friends having this problem.