C2W2 Lab AccessDeniedException

Hi,

I am attempting to complete the lab for C2W2 and I’m getting a Client Error when trying to run the estimator.fit in Exercise 5

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateTrainingJob operation: User: arn:aws:sts::367579216755:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:367579216755:training-job/pytorch-training-2023-10-15-15-42-31-241 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

This is my previous cell:

estimator.fit(
    ### BEGIN SOLUTION - DO NOT delete this comment for grading purposes
    inputs=data_channels, # Replace None
    ### END SOLUTION - DO NOT delete this comment for grading purposes
    wait=False
)

And what I have used for the data channels:

data_channels = {
    ### BEGIN SOLUTION - DO NOT delete this comment for grading purposes
    'train': s3_input_train_data, # Replace None
    'validation': s3_input_validation_data # Replace None
    ### END SOLUTION - DO NOT delete this comment for grading purposes
}

Am i doing something wrong or is this an issue with Vocareum and if so, can I get some help with this?

2 Likes

I am getting the same error.

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateTrainingJob operation: User: arn:aws:sts::447505811283:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:447505811283:training-job/pytorch-training-2023-10-18-20-29-11-863 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

1 Like

I am getting the same error trying to complete c2w2 course

An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateTrainingJob operation: User: arn:aws:sts::315450378345:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:315450378345:training-job/pytorch-training-2023-10-19-09-36-29-621 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

2 Likes

Is there any progress on the issue? The problem is escalating.

2 Likes

I’m seeing the same error and am also blocked.

2 Likes

I am having the same error too.

1 Like

Hello @chris.favila and @esanina please have a look onto this because many people are reporting it. Thank you.

1 Like

Same problem for me

Dear learners,

Sorry for the inconvenience. These issues are under investigation of our Technical Team. We will keep you updated!

Dear learners, the issue should be resolved now. Please let me know if you’ll face any problems.