C2W3 Permission Issue on CreatTrainingJob

Not sure if this has to go to the moderator if any here or is there AWS or training support in this forum who can solve this issue?

‘FailureReason’: ‘ClientError: Failed to invoke sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob. Error Details: User: arn:aws:sts::714116103255:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/sagemaker-pipeline-vlwdin6uwtav-Train is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:714116103255:training-job/pipelines-vlwdin6uwtav-Train-4mDAbJlQMc with an explicit deny in a service control policy’,

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue. This is preventing me from completing the lab. Does anyone know how to tag moderators or course admins here?

ClientError: Failed to invoke sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob. Error Details: User: arn:aws:sts::844943450737:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/sagemaker-pipeline-3wnpsgdx500m-Train is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateTrainingJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:844943450737:training-job/pipelines-3wnpsgdx500m-Train-lRuI1kkUPs with an explicit deny in a service control policy

1 Like

@esanina Can you please help us out?

@mmg

I don’t think there is any support either in Deeplearning.AI or coursera. I completed using my personal AWS account and then uploaded the final Jupyter notebooks to the actual assignment AWS Jupyter environment. Bit painful and don’t expect 100/100 you will get somewhere 75 to 85.

@David_Oliveros ^

@andrew → Is there any support on this course via coursera or from deeplearning.ai?

PS: Further the same you will experience in C3W1, C3W2 & C3W3 assignments as well with restrictions on the AWS account placed at the Service Control Policy.

@David_Oliveros
Hi, I just checked and got the same error. Let me ask the staff to look into this.

1 Like

Dear learners, thank you for reporting this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience, the technical team is working on resolving it. We’ll keep you updated.

2 Likes

Linking issue: C3_W1 Assignment Permission Issue on CreateHyperParameterTuningJob

I am still experiencing this issue. Do we have any ETA on the fix?
Thanks

Thank you @esanina, commenting here to track the status as I’ve been facing the same issue since C1W3.

@anandan @Nachiket_Torwekar @Shrey_Gupta2 unfortunately the issue is still not solved. The technical team is working on it. Apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully it will be resolved soon and I will keep you updated.

1 Like

@Shrey_Gupta2 the issue in C1W3 is resolved. The other issues (e.g. C3W1) are still under investigation.

Thank you so much for your efforts to get this resolved. Have a wonderful week!

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Dear learners, the issue should be resolved now. Please let me know if you’ll face any problems.

Greetings @esanina !
I’m getting the below error as below for C3W2:

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the RegisterScalableTarget operation: User: arn:aws:sts::065001638686:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: application-autoscaling:RegisterScalableTarget on resource: arn:aws:application-autoscaling:us-east-1:065001638686:scalable-target/* because no service control policy allows the application-autoscaling:RegisterScalableTarget action

Request your support on solving.

1 Like

@G_Nikitha_Nayak thanks for the message. The problem appeared yesterday and was submitted to the technical team. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I’ll keep you updated.

@G_Nikitha_Nayak the problem should be resolved now. Please let me know if there are any other issues.