C3W1_Lab_does not have storage.buckets.create access to the Google Cloud project Error

Hello! @chris.favila
How do I solve Google Cloud project permissions?

does not have storage.buckets.create access to the Google Cloud project.

gmailaccount@cloudshell:~ (qwiklabs-gcp-03-c95169429ccf)$ gcloud projects add-iam-policy-binding $PROJECT_ID \

--member="user:$QWIKLABS_USERNAME" \
--role="roles/automl.admin"

ERROR: (gcloud.projects.add-iam-policy-binding) User [momosol66@gmail.com] does not have permission to amailccess projects instance [qwiklabs-gcp-03-c95169429ccf:getIamPolicy] (or it may not exist): The caller does not have permission

You do not have permission to view this page.
/networking/networks/list?folder=&organizationId=&project=qwiklabs-gcp-03-c95169429ccf Error loading.

Request ID: 16291599623297209773

One or more of the following required permissions are missing:
project

compute.networks.list
Make sure your project ID is valid and you have access. Learn more

Send feedback

gmailaccount@cloudshell:~ (qwiklabs-gcp-03-c95169429ccf)$ gsutil mb -p $PROJECT_ID \

-c standard    \
-l us-central1 \
gs://$PROJECT_ID-vcm/

Creating gs://qwiklabs-gcp-03-c95169429ccf-vcm/…
AccessDeniedException: 403 gmailaccount@gmail.com does not have storage.buckets.create access to the Google Cloud project.

Hi! It seems you are using your own GCP account for this exercise. Is that intentional? If not, I suggest that you use the credentials provided after you click Start Lab to avoid unnecessary costs:

With that, you will log in using the username and password given, and you will export the same username as the $QWIKLABS_USERNAME variable as shown in the instructions. That should also setup the permissions correctly when you create the storage bucket.

Right now, it seems like you used your own private account to login and create a bucket, then assigned a different private account for the qwiklabs username. Thus the permission error.

Also to note, please avoid tagging mentors or staff. It might discourage other mentors (or fellow learners) from answering your query and you might wait longer when the person you tagged is offline or busy.

Thanks and I hope this helps.