C3W1 lab opening error: AWS Lab status: terminated. Lab is in CREATE_FAILED state

Hello,
I can not open the C3W1 laboratory. When I click the start lab button. The AWS led turns from red to yellow and then to red again. This is the error I see in the browser developer console:
AWS Lab status: terminated. Lab is in CREATE_FAILED state, so this lab is now set to be deleted which can take a few minutes. Please wait for it to complete to do the start lab again.

I tried opening in incognito mode, clear cache and cookies, wait for hours, etc… etc and nothing works for me. What is the issue?
Thanks

Hi @moderators @tf2_mentors

Can anyone please help @ferborbon77 here.

Try to wait for a few hours from 5-6 at max internal server resources need to be cleaned too in case if it still gives the same error let us know

1 Like

Dear @Khushwanth,

I keep having the same error. I tried everything you have advice me and still does not work. I wrote email to support@vocareum.com to see if they could help me, but got no answer.
I think the problem is related that I opened once the lab but could not finished within the 4 hours period. After that, the error started to appear. It seems the server is no able to delete the previous cloud formation and therefore can not create a new instance.
I have to finish the lab before the next payment period on November 26.

Please pay attention to this post where other user faced a very similar situation and you managed to solve it:

Many thanks for your support,
Fernando

Team -
I am having the same issue - I haven’t been able to login to any of course 3 labs.
How should I proceed ?

Thanks,
Sooraj

Hi guys! Apologies for the delay.

Can please share your e-mail IDs so that I can ask for support to the teaching team?

Dear learners,

Thank you for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience. Technical team is working on the problem and I hope it will be resolved soon. We will keep you updated.

Kind regards,
Elena

2 Likes

Hi esanina
Finally Vocareum allowed me to access. But only for 30 minutes, which is not enough because the notebook routines take more than 30 minutes to execute.

Thank you for the message @Juan_Pablo_Restrepo , we’ll contact the Vocareum technical team to adjust it.

1 Like

I have the same issue for C1W1, and it persists even after restarting my chrome for a couple of times. It doesn’t allow me for the first access. My email ID with coursera is: kuangjizi@gmail.com

Here is the error message:
Lab is in state: CREATE_FAILED, please end lab and wait for it to complete.

For this case, should I just submit to close the lab, even though I haven’t started working on anything?

Ignore the workaround – I tried to submit but it shows

Submit failed.
The lab must be started to Submit.

I do need the technical support to resolve this. Thank you! cc: @esanina

@Kingansen Thank you for the messages. I made some update for your C1W1 lab, could please try again and let me know how it goes. Please make sure that you click the Submit button when the lab is on (there is a green sign next to the AWS console link).

Hi
I am having the same problem “The AWS led turns from red to yellow and then to red again” since last week.
Thanks

I am having the same issue as @ferborbon77 with the C3W1 lab. I have managed to go through the others, but this one always gives the following error message:

AWS Lab status: terminated. Lab is in CREATE_FAILED state, so this lab is now set to be deleted which can take a few minutes. Please wait for it to complete to do the start lab again.

Was there any solution regarding this?

The error appears in the console as soon as the page loads, and if I try to connect, it tries for a few minutes before giving the “CREATE_FAILED” message again. I have been trying for 2-3 days and it is always the same thing.

1 Like

Hi Rahul,
I have been facing same error with week2 lab of this course. Could you help me resolve the issue for me? It will be helpful to me. My emailid with coursera: yugeshv41@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,Ugesh.

Hi @esanina or others, was there a solution for this? I am having the same problem as the one described in the OP. I have tried various browsers, etc., but it is always that same issue.

@thomas_o please try again, it should work now.

Thank you! It worked and I now was able to do the lab and submit it. So everything worked, thanks for the help.

1 Like