C4W1-Lab: Notebook in Docker crashes

With the docker method, I can open the notebook, but whenever I try to run the notebook, it would crash. Error messages:

[W 19:40:59.461 NotebookApp] 404 GET /nbextensions/widgets/notebook/js/extension.js?v=20211124194017 (172.17.0.1) 33.910000ms referer=http://127.0.0.1:8888/notebooks/work/server.ipynb

Operation not permitted (src/thread.cpp:309)

Operation not permitted (src/thread.cpp:309)

qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) - core dumped

I have MacBook Air with M1 chip.
Potential explanation & solution: qemu: uncaught target signal 6 (Aborted) when running elixir amd64 image on M1 · Issue #5148 · docker/for-mac · GitHub

Hi @hweicodes! Can you tell me the name of the ungraded lab you are referring to? In C4 I think there are no labs that require you to spin up a notebook. Let me know! :slight_smile:

PS: I also saw your other post, can you also tell me which lab is this? I think you are referring to the ungraded lab in Course 1 but I’m not sure.

I guess they are named as readings on coursera, but it’s clear on github:

Can you tell me which one (or ones) of the labs are you having the issues with? In general there are still some compatibility with TF and mac M1 but I’m happy to try to debug it with you. In the meantime you might want to check out this resource.

Oh cool, this one is meant to be run within colab so the M1 chip shouldn’t be a problem. You can run it directly here. If you are not familiar with colab let me know!