Can't get past the W1 lab

So I have been stuck at the lab because the grading system seems broken. I have submitted on my notebook everything that is requested and my grading does not go beyond 45/100. On the grading report, here’s what displays:

========================================================================================================================
Test 1 passed: Created S3 bucket sagemaker-us-east-1-784965599302 for account 784965599302.
Test 2 failed: PythonDeprecationWarning: Boto3 will no longer support Python 3.7 starting December 13, 2023. To continue receiving service updates, bug fixes, and security updates please upgrade to Python 3.8 or later. More information can be found here: Python support policy updates for AWS SDKs and Tools | AWS Developer Tools Blog warnings.warn(warning, PythonDeprecationWarning) 1 Please try again.
Test 3 failed: PythonDeprecationWarning: Boto3 will no longer support Python 3.7 starting December 13, 2023. To continue receiving service updates, bug fixes, and security updates please upgrade to Python 3.8 or later. More information can be found here: Python support policy updates for AWS SDKs and Tools | AWS Developer Tools Blog warnings.warn(warning, PythonDeprecationWarning) 1 Please try again.
Test 4 passed: Created table reviews in the AWS Glue Database dsoaws_deep_learning.
Test 5 failed: PythonDeprecationWarning: Boto3 will no longer support Python 3.7 starting December 13, 2023. To continue receiving service updates, bug fixes, and security updates please upgrade to Python 3.8 or later. More information can be found here: Python support policy updates for AWS SDKs and Tools | AWS Developer Tools Blog warnings.warn(warning, PythonDeprecationWarning) 1 Please try again.
Test 6 failed: PythonDeprecationWarning: Boto3 will no longer support Python 3.7 starting December 13, 2023. To continue receiving service updates, bug fixes, and security updates please upgrade to Python 3.8 or later. More information can be found here: Python support policy updates for AWS SDKs and Tools | AWS Developer Tools Blog warnings.warn(warning, PythonDeprecationWarning) 1 Please try again.
Test 7 passed: Uploaded four visualization plots into the S3 Bucket sagemaker-us-east-1-784965599302 for account 784965599302.
Test 8 failed: PythonDeprecationWarning: Boto3 will no longer support Python 3.7 starting December 13, 2023. To continue receiving service updates, bug fixes, and security updates please upgrade to Python 3.8 or later. More information can be found here: Python support policy updates for AWS SDKs and Tools | AWS Developer Tools Blog warnings.warn(warning, PythonDeprecationWarning) 1 Please try again

Could anyone offer any directions?

EDIT: This has happened both with Data Science and Data Science 2.0 images. Data Science 3.0 seems to not work because it gets eternally stuck at the first cell.

EDIT 2: No image seems to work. I will put my Jupyter Notebook here to see if the mistake is mine or if there’s something wrong with the platform, but as far as I know I completed all the tasks in the notebook :confused:

C1_W1_Assignment (2).ipynb (707.5 KB)

The issue with the “deprecation warning” has been well documented in other forum threads over the last two or three days.

It’s a known issue with the assignment grader.

Course staff has been notified.

So how can I solve it? :confused: or is anyone able to manually grade my submission?

You can’t solve it, and the assignments can’t be manually graded.

I have the same problem.
Could you please tell me the next steps?
Do I just continue learning and moving to week 2?
Will I be notified to resubmit my solution once the problem is fixed or it’ll be done automatically?

I tried using other image, like data science 2.0 and 3.0 but to no use. I do not really see the point of moving forward with the course if technical issues are going to null my progress. Like, how do I know if what I am doing is right or wrong? :confused:

Your only option is to wait until the deprecation issue is resolved.
I’m told it is being worked on

Sorry, that’s all I can offer. I don’t work for DLAI so I don’t have any details.

Yes, it seems like they are working on it because I tried to access SageMaker and I can not access the domain:

I hope it solves soon because the course is super interesting. I am gonna keep crunching some courses while it gets fixed. Thank you TMosh :slight_smile:

Please follow this thread for information on the deprecation warning.

https://community.deeplearning.ai/t/pds-deprecation-errors/517520

For the Sagemaker issue, follow this thread:

https://community.deeplearning.ai/t/troubleshooting-problem-with-lab-access-and-start-time/369236/219?u=tmosh