Course5 week1 assignment3 audio play not working

Hi, I executed the 2nd code cell and a progress bar appears. However, the snippet of the audio is not playing after I clicked the start button. Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks!

Hey @martianying , I’m unable to find this particular code cell in the assignment. Can you check to make sure you are using the latest assignment version ?

You can get the latest version by clicking “Help” on the top right of your assignment screen.

And I don’t recall us using .mp3 files :thinking:

Hi [quote=“Mubsi, post:2, topic:4436, full:true”]
Hey @martianying , I’m unable to find this particular code cell in the assignment. Can you check to make sure you are using the latest assignment version ?

You can get the latest version by clicking “Help” on the top right of your assignment screen.
[/quote]

I just checked out the “help” to update to the latest version, sadly, this issue still persists.

here a more complete screenshot and I didn’t modify anything.

From the cell tab, select ‘run all above’ command, follow by running the audio clip cell.

The audio file is in mp3 format.

Oh I was looking in the wrong assignment. I see it now, and you are right, it is not being played. Let me investigate and I’ll get back to you.

I don’t see it playing as well. The .mp3 files don’t play, but the .wav file does play, which is what you get at the end of the assignment.

I think for the mp3 I’d need to dig deeper as to why it is not being played even though it is a supported format.

Another way for you to listen to the mp3 version would be to go to:

1. File → Open…
  2. When the page opens up go to the folder data and download the file from there to play on your local machine.

hi, thanks for the reply. the method doesn’t work for me.

thank you! I guess I just skip the mp3 code cell for now.

I am not sure what is happening here that causing the audio clip not playing for you guys. I have no problem of playing that clip on my PC. After logging into my account and executed the cells, I got the clip playing the music. Have done that twice, and it worked for me every time.

Thanks for clearing this! I just found the the player works well with Chrome, but not Safari. I guess both Mubsi and I had used Safari before, that was the problem!

Great that you have found the solution. Thanks for letting us know.

yes, I was using Safari as well. And @Kic that is what I had suspected, it varies browser to browser.