Error in C1W3 Assignment

For the “Analyze Datasets and Train ML Models using AutoML” week 3 (C1W3 of Practical Data Science on the AWS Cloud Specialization) I’m seeing an error when I get to section 8 of the C1W3 assignment. The error is as follows:

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateEndpointConfig operation: User: arn:aws:sts::691330483623:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateEndpointConfig on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:691330483623:endpoint-config/sagemaker-sklearn-automl-2023-10-15-02-14-06-138 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

3 Likes

@chris.favila Hi Chris, hope you are well! I think there is an issue with this lab I saw 2 similar error reports so far.

2 Likes

Hi @yy55pl

Welcome to the community.

I will move your query to the appropriate space in order to you to get a proper support.

Best regards

1 Like

@yy55pl could you please forward your notebook to my email elena.sanina@deeplearning.ai
I’ll try to investigate the issue then. Thank you!

i have the same error in 8.1. Deploy best candidate model

1 Like

I don’t have a copy of it. I’ll have to redo it and that could take a while.

1 Like

Notebook sent.

1 Like

I got the same error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ClientError                               Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-40-32ffb085fed9> in <module>
      6     predictor_cls=sagemaker.predictor.Predictor,
      7     serializer=sagemaker.serializers.JSONSerializer(),
----> 8     deserializer=sagemaker.deserializers.JSONDeserializer()
      9 )

/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sagemaker/automl/automl.py in deploy(self, initial_instance_count, instance_type, serializer, deserializer, candidate, sagemaker_session, name, endpoint_name, tags, wait, vpc_config, enable_network_isolation, model_kms_key, predictor_cls, inference_response_keys)
    421             endpoint_name=endpoint_name,
    422             tags=tags,
--> 423             wait=wait,
    424         )

/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sagemaker/pipeline.py in deploy(self, initial_instance_count, instance_type, serializer, deserializer, endpoint_name, tags, wait, update_endpoint, data_capture_config, kms_key)
    210                 kms_key=kms_key,
    211                 wait=wait,
--> 212                 data_capture_config_dict=data_capture_config_dict,
    213             )

/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/sagemaker/session.py in endpoint_from_production_variants(self, name, production_variants, tags, kms_key, wait, data_capture_config_dict)
   3464                 config_options["DataCaptureConfig"] = data_capture_config_dict
-> 3466             self.sagemaker_client.create_endpoint_config(**config_options)
   3467         return self.create_endpoint(endpoint_name=name, config_name=name, tags=tags, wait=wait)

/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/botocore/client.py in _api_call(self, *args, **kwargs)
    533                 )
    534             # The "self" in this scope is referring to the BaseClient.
--> 535             return self._make_api_call(operation_name, kwargs)
    537         _api_call.__name__ = str(py_operation_name)

/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/botocore/client.py in _make_api_call(self, operation_name, api_params)
    978             error_code = parsed_response.get("Error", {}).get("Code")
    979             error_class = self.exceptions.from_code(error_code)
--> 980             raise error_class(parsed_response, operation_name)
    981         else:
    982             return parsed_response

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateEndpointConfig operation: User: arn:aws:sts::431577453100:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateEndpointConfig on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:431577453100:endpoint-config/sagemaker-sklearn-automl-2023-10-19-03-40-43-773 with an explicit deny in a service control policy
1 Like

@yy55pl thank you for sending the notebook.

Dear lerners, sorry for the inconvenience, the technical team is working on resolving the issue. We’ll keep you updated.

Any updates? I get a similar error when i run the exercise 3 of the C3W1 assignment.

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateHyperParameterTuningJob operation: User: arn:aws:sts::897709705334:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateHyperParameterTuningJob on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:897709705334:hyper-parameter-tuning-job/pytorch-training-231019-2123 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

1 Like

@CM_ca the issue is still under investigation with the technical team. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying to resolve it as soon as possible.

1 Like

I have the same error. The issue is Authorization exception. I think AWS bans some country IPs and this is because of it. Please help me to solve this

1 Like

Same here :frowning:

ClientError: An error occurred (AccessDeniedException) when calling the CreateEndpointConfig operation: User: arn:aws:sts::585824368272:assumed-role/sagemaker-studio-vpc-firewall-us-east-1-sagemaker-execution-role/SageMaker is not authorized to perform: sagemaker:CreateEndpointConfig on resource: arn:aws:sagemaker:us-east-1:585824368272:endpoint-config/sagemaker-sklearn-automl-2023-10-20-22-02-23-353 with an explicit deny in a service control policy

2 Likes

@younglee @yy55pl @Anna_Kay the problem with the endpoint in C1W3 should be fixed now.

The rest of the problems are still under investigation.

1 Like

Dear learners, the issue should be resolved now. Please let me know if you’ll face any problems.

1 Like

@esanina Forgot to reply back, but I was able to complete the lab. Thanks!

3 Likes

hI @yy55pl

Thanks for reporting back

1 Like