Grading error, No such file or directory: './bbc-text-minimal.csv'

I have tried to submit my assignment multiple times post checking the lab files etc. I have also tried to do clean notebook submissions as mentioned in the forum articles by renaming the note book but its not working.
Can someone please help on this?

Error message for all the GRADED functions:
There was a problem compiling the code from your notebook. Details:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘./bbc-text-minimal.csv’

Also when i test the output with the expected ones it is absolutely correct.

[code removed - moderator]

Thanks for bringing this up. The staff have been requested to look at this.

is there a way to submit the assignments for now ? Cos its showing me failed even with the right one i guess.

Sorry. I don’t know.

cool, thanks. Would you happen to know the turnaround time on this please ? as to when shall they fix it ?

Hi @Rajneesh_Kumar_Verma, we just pushed the fix for this. If you go into the assignment you should see a message that says it was updated and requires you to start from a blank copy (your progress should have been saved in another jupyter notebook that has a timestamp appended to its name, you can see it by clicking in the jupyter logo). Please copy your answers in the new blank assignment and submit :slight_smile:

1 Like

just out of curiousity what was the issues? env vars pointing to a different location ?

We added a new test case to ensure learners will not hardcode the path to the csv file within the parse_data_from_file function but rather use the parameter provided. This test case uses a small version of the dataset but the path to it didn’t match the one in the grader environment so when you submitted for grading it crashed since the file was not in ./bbc-text-minimal.csv but in ./data/bbc-text-minimal.csv.

Please let me know if you could submit successfully!

1 Like

submission’s working now. Thanks a TON!

1 Like