How can I solve this problem regarding logistic regression practice lab before the assignment deadline

I would like to raise a concern regarding the programming exercises of logistic regression. I wrote the required codes, and when I run them, the “expected output” for each exercise displays correctly, indicating that the code was entered correctly. However, the problem arises when I submit the assignment: I receive a grade of 0/100. I’m lost about this.

1 Like

What is the actual output you get from the grader. Please click “Show grader output” and then show us a screenshot.

If everything works in the notebook, but you fail the grader, there are two theories:

1. There is something about your code that is not general: it passes the single test cases in the notebook, but fails other test cases.
  2. There is something structural wrong with your notebook, independent of the code.

One simple experiment to try is:

1. Kernel → Restart and Clear Output
  2. Save
  3. Submit to the grader

The point of that is that the grader does not need to see your output and sometimes the generated output can have syntax that confuses the grader. Please try that and then let us know whether it helps or not. If not, then please show us the grader output as I mentioned above.

2 Likes

It still doesn’t work and the actual output I get from the grader is “Cell #14. Can’t compile the student’s code. Error: TypeError(“unsupported operand type(s) for +=: ‘NoneType’ and ‘NoneType’”)” then even after removing the “+=” the grader comment still shows the same feedback

1 Like

Where do you see “None” in the code in the notebook? It looks like there is some way that you end up doing a += operation with None as both operands. So how could that happen?

2 Likes

One other point is to make sure that you have not renamed your notebook. If you are working in a renamed notebook and click “Submit”, it grades the standard notebook meaning the one that is opened by the “Work in Browser” link on the assignment page.

2 Likes

Thank you very much , you helped me a lot .

2 Likes