Implement code in real life

When we work in real life, there won’t be any lab files and python supporting packages provided by coursera like lab_utils_uni. Then what will we do in that situation. And how should we make ourself prepared for that.

1 Like

Hi @Md_Zubair ,

I can imagine when working on a real-world project, you will be trying to solve a real-world problem. Just like the Coursera’s lab, the utilities file contains functions to support the lab assignment, so you will have to develop your own support functions to help solve the real-world problem. There will be learning gaps to fill, and the more we try or practise, the better the skills will become, whether it is in programming, or problem solving etc.

Hi @Md_Zubair ,

If you are interested in learning more about how ML is implemented in real life, after you are comfortable with ML theory, look into MLOps.
There are two specializations: Machine Learning Engineering for Production (MLOps) Specialization - DeepLearning.AI
and
Practical Data Science on the AWS Cloud (PDS) Specialization - DeepLearning.AI

And there are books too like: https://www.amazon.com/Designing-Machine-Learning-Systems-Production-Ready/dp/1098107969
and
https://www.amazon.com/Reliable-Machine-Learning-Principles-Production/dp/1098106229/ref=sr_1_3?crid=Y243N965Q51A&keywords=reliable+machine+learning&qid=1675727969&s=books&sprefix=reliable+machine+learning%2Cstripbooks%2C89&sr=1-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

Hey there, can I do these courses that you mentioned after machine learning specialization ? or first i need to take deep learning specialization course also?

Hi @Md_Zubair ,

I went through the MLS and DLS and I am pretty advanced now in the MLOps. If you have a good python (or programming) foundation I think that you can try going from MLS to MLOps. Now, the course indicates that it is highly desirable to have gone through DLS as it provides a much deeper understanding on how the ML models work. May be you’d want to test it for 1 week and see if you feel comfortable.

Having said that, the ideal path is DLS and then MLOps.

1 Like