Issues in the grader for get_score

When I submit my week 4 notebook, I get a grader error coming back with:

Code Cell UNQ_C2: Unexpected error (TypeError("get_score() got an unexpected keyword argument 'current_classifications'",)) occurred during function check. We expected function `get_score` to return True. Please check that this function is defined properly. 
If you see many functions being marked as incorrect, try to trace back your steps & identify if there is an incorrect function that is being used in other steps.
This dependency may be the cause of the errors.

To understand this code, I had to streamline 60-70% of the commentary and delete most of the code commentary to synthesize this down to an actionable set of items (too much commentary is just as bad as not enough and I understand this course is geared towards multiple skill levels so more is preferable to less in this instance.).

That being said, my notebook works. Should I get a new copy of the notebook and paste in my solution for this section?

It sounds more like a syntax error. Either that or perhaps you changed the function definition of get_score? The point is that in the notebook as given to you current_classifications is the first positional argument to get_score, but is not a “named” optional argument.

Just generally speaking, it’s not a good idea to make changes to the areas of the notebook outside the “YOUR CODE HERE” blocks. It’s not illegal, but you need to know what you’re doing when you step outside those bounds and to keep in mind that the grader is a “black box” and we’re not sure exactly what it may or may not be depending on. E.g. this thread is the canonical example of a surprising expectation on the part of the grader. It sounds like you’ve gone a bit too far in that direction. I agree that the next thing to try would be to start with a clean copy and just “copy/paste” over the “YOUR CODE HERE” sections and see what effect that has. You can find a topic about that on the DLS FAQ Thread. Let me know if you have trouble seeing that thread.

I would agree with you on that one. I’m actually coming into this specialization with significant background experience and it was really challenging for me to decipher all of the instructions. I’ll see what I can do to grab a fresh notebook and report back.

Got it working:

Thanks!

That’s great! Onward! :nerd_face: