Kernel takes forever to start

when starting the assignment notebook, the kernel takes 1h+ to connect , is this normal ???

1 Like

I have the same issue ((

I believe this is not a normal behaviour.

Can anyone help? Is it Coursera’s issue or environment misconfiguration?

1 Like

Today I was waiting while Kernel is loading, and got the error:

Starting notebook kernel...

Had error starting kernel 1 times.

Responded with error: Internal Server Error. App(name=instance-event-engine-datascience-ml-t3-medium) Creation failed. Timed out waiting for App details. Please try again (Context: RequestId: fd2e0b34-400f-4ff8-b4dd-2bc5525ac096, TimeStamp: 1691923331.7805407, Date: Sun Aug 13 10:42:11 2023)
1 Like

I have the same issue, been waiting for 15 minutes now.

1 Like

2 hours is the given time to accomplish the assignment, 10 minutes it takes just to start the lab and another 5 min to fire sagemaker and jupyterlab!

1 Like

Same problem here. It seems no one is answering questions here!

1 Like

I cannot import sagemaker for the first day and I tried two hours and failed.

Now I cannot start kernel.

I’ve been bothered by these two problems in every week’s assignment. It’s so annoying!

1 Like

You need to tag a DLStaff member or QA team member. Tag Mubsi or Chris favila

I have the same problem? @chris.favila Please help with this issue, it takes forever and we only have 2 hours to have our AWS account active. it is really bothering.

1 Like

Blockquote
Same issue here (Sagemaker kernel is stuck in Starting... for one hour now) @Mubsi @chris.favila any advice would be appreciated!

1 Like

@dudeinthemirror thank you for the message. Could you please let me know your Coursera email (you can send it in a private message), which course and lab do you have problems with?

1 Like

hi @esanina thanks for your reply. The course is “Introduction to LLMs and the generative AI project lifecycle”. Eventually the kernel did start though and I was able to finish the assignment. I think this is an issue with Sagemaker itself, not the course.

2 Likes

@dudeinthemirror, I am glad that it’s working now. Happy Learning!

1 Like

I am stuck with the same problem. The lab takes forever to load @esanina

1 Like

@EdwinRaj could you please submit the following form in case of any lab issues: GenAI with LLMs Lab Issue Report

1 Like