Seeking advice on telemedicine project

Dear SIr,

I am a final year electrical engineering student at [University name]. I am writing to seek your advice on my project, which is about telemedicine.

I have watched your tutorial on web development and learned how to create my own website using HTML, CSS, and JS. However, I am facing some challenges on how to take data from an esp32 device and visualize it on my website.

My project involves using an esp32 device to collect data from sensors attached to a patient, such as blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate. The patient will be able to see their data on their account on the website, and the doctor will also be able to access the data remotely. If a new account is created, the same device with esp32 should be able to save the data on the different account.

I would appreciate it if you could guide me on which database I should use for this project. I am not sure which database is best suited for storing and retrieving sensor data from an esp32 device, and how to integrate it with my website.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or resources that could help me with this project. I am very interested in learning from your expertise and experience in web development and telemedicine. I also want to use an AI CHAT BOT

Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Mehvi

I don’t have electrical engineering experience so I can’t help much with your design, but I can try my best to help you research what to look into.

Sensor data seems to be unstructured data since it doesn’t seem like it can be put into a table. Look into good databases for unstructured data or sensor data.

I think your database design will involve data being put in mainly into the patient, with people like the doctor and other people having viewer access and messaging to the patient.

Thank you for your advice. I am using SQL Database and PHP. Would that help? Also do we need a cloud platform too? But we are not deploying it on google.

I recommend to read/practice how to use event listeners in JavaScript in that way you can upload/download data from the server.
Since esp32 is programmable with Arduino, you can also use ArduinoJson.ino to have as intermidiate file between the webpage and the esp32.

1 Like