Seeking Input for LangChain-Based Research Survey Document (RSD) Generator Project

Seeking Input for LangChain-Based Research Survey Document (RSD) Generator Project

Hello everyone,

I’m currently in the process of developing a system aimed at assisting researchers in keeping abreast with the latest advancements in their respective fields. The goal is to use LangChain to generate Research Survey Documents (RSDs), which will encapsulate a summary of the recent developments, key papers relevant to the researcher’s interests, and pointers on how these resources can inform their future research directions.

Here’s a broad outline of the functionality I’m envisioning:

1. User Inputs: The researcher inputs their field of study, subdomain, and the number of desired papers for the survey.
  2. Semantic Search: The system performs a semantic search across databases (such as arXiv) to fetch the most relevant papers based on the user’s inputs.
  3. Summary and Direction: A concise summary of recent developments in the field is generated, along with possible future research directions.
  4. Paper Summaries: For each fetched paper, the system provides a brief explanation of the paper’s content and its potential relevance to the researcher’s work.

I’d love to hear any thoughts or suggestions you might have to enhance this workflow. Specifically, I’m interested in ideas on:

• Techniques to improve the semantic search process for better paper selection.
  • Methods to generate more insightful summaries of the papers and advancements.
  • Any other additional features you think could enhance the utility of the generated RSDs.

Your input will be invaluable to this project.