TypeError: IndexModel._from_openapi_data() missing 5 required positional arguments: 'name', 'dimension', 'metric', 'host', and 'spec'

Hi @Deepti_Prasad I just started this course on Vector Databases, and I got the same error as the other learners. Just wondering how to get pinecone.create_index(…) to work. Cheers Ram

1 Like

Hello @Ram_Sastry

Although you might have a similar error, your issue might be different as it is different course.

No matter what, if you check @Terrence_Goh, he had his own OpenAI and Pinecone keys, so he made the changes in the Utils.py file provided with this course and that’s when the model could work.

So for your issue, kindly create a new topic with screenshot of the error encountered(you can tag anyone you want to have a look at your thread/topic), or you could try what Terrence has tried.

Regards
DP

R

@Deepti_Prasad not sure what you mean ‘different course’. I am referring to exact same course as does @Terrence_Goh on vector databases lesson #1 on semantic search.

Please note DL.AI is an incredibly free valuable learning resource for us AI practitioners, and so its perfectly understandable if we have to get our own OpenAI and Pincone keys to get the code to work.

If so, I guess thats the solution to the error we are getting.

But in almost all the other short courses, the code works as is on Jupyter notebooks on Dl.AI platform, and hence I was checking if there is a fix to run the code on Dl.AL platform itself instead of downloading the notebook and setting up the environment somewhere else.

Cheers
Ram

1 Like

Not yet. Please see the reply from @Mubsi of seven days ago.

Hey @Ram_Sastry

Are you telling that error you got while running in the coursera provided environment or your local environment?

if it is coursera provided environment then it should work, let me know.

Regards
DP

I am running the notebook provided in the deeplearning.ai environment. Following the exact steps, as the instructor. This error is coming up in every lesson of this course, as every lesson involves creating an index. Screenshot below.

I am blocked. Help appreciated.
BTW, this is an excellent course, and super useful. I am unable to achieve the real value of the course as I am not able to go past this error in the notebook.

1 Like

@sanjay_DL, please see my reply on this thread from six hours ago.

Hi all,

We know the inconveniences you all are facing. As mentioned earlier, I have informed the team about this, they are aware and working on getting this fixed. Sometimes the fixes are not as easy and require involvement of other parties.

Will nudge the team on this again, and will inform here once it is fixed.

Best,
Mubsi

1 Like

Hi all,
These issues have been resolved.

Do let me know if you see them still.

Best,
Mubsi

3 Likes

Thanks a ton. I verified, it is working now.
Much appreciated.

1 Like