Typing difficulty by google Chrome browser

my google Chrome browser version is 110.0.5481.96 64-bit, the official version.

While typing in Coursera programming, there is consistent mismatch between cursor and real position:
abcdefghi
→ it looks cursor is at ‘i’ now…but in fact when you type something like ‘123’, it is in ‘d’

expect: abcdefghi123
but: abcd123efghi

anyone has this strange thing? I’ve been struggling in this mismatch for a while.

I have never experienced this with my current Chrome version (110.0.5481.104) or any previous ones.

Sometimes people can have cursor problem if there are some browser extensions running that interfere with your cursor. Would you try to disable any extensions first?

Hello @yschangd_CHANG! As Raymond suggested, disable any extensions. Extensions that may interfere with your typing.

Besides this, try the following:

1. Clearing your browser cache and cookies: Go to your browser settings and clear your cache and cookies.
  2. Try a different browser like Microsoft Edge.

If none of these steps work, you may want to reach out to Coursera’s technical support team for further assistance.

To contact Coursera, first, go to this page and use the search bar in the top corner to search related article or discussion of your query.

If no article or discussion found, click log in button at the top corner of that page, and then you can click the chat icon CommentMultiple.png at the bottom corner of this page. Note that chat is available for learners with Coursera Plus, an active course or specialization subscription, or an active free trial.

If you can’t log in, or if chat isn’t available, fill this form to contact them over an email.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue. Let me know if it doesn’t or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Saif.