Unable to create Cluster in Course 3 Week 3

This looks promising. If we see it, it means someone finally took a decision to revise it :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long wait in resolving this issue. We’re still coordinating with our partners and we’ll try our best to have a solution within the week. I’ll update this thread asap once we have it. Thank you!

5 Likes

Hi everyone! Just an update. Our partners are still working on this. I just escalated it again today. Will update again when I get more news.

4 Likes

An update saying that there is no update is always better than no update. We highly appreciate you keep finger on the pulse :slight_smile:

hi @chris.favila you not just give us the pass on these assignments? We have to pay for an entire month to be able to complete these!

My whole specialization is stuck due to:

1. Distributed Multi-worker TensorFlow Training on Kubernetes
  2. Machine Learning with TensorFlow in Vertex AI

Thanks

Just a hint regarding " 2. Machine Learning with TensorFlow in Vertex AI" from Module 5. There is a chance to pass it with 80% score. Just create a simple notebook (yes, the dialog is not like described in the lab, you do not choose Tensorflow here anymore) and then go for “Tensorflow” inside the notebook (so do not follow lab instruction at this point). Then follow the instructions. You will have to install something on the way as far as I remember - just read the errors/warnings. The lab will break before the last checkpoitnt but you should be able to reach 80% which is a passing threshold.

Of course this is a “survival” approach and it should not be like this in the lab…

Same here. This is blocking our progress completely. Is there a way to either give an automatic grade or replace it with something else that works?

Please contact coursera to pause your subscription since you’re experiencing an issue with the course.

A related question. What happens to the deadline because each graded lab has an associated deadline and so what would happen if it is not available before the deadline? Do we get an automatic fail even though it was out of our control?

You are allowed to extend the deadline from the course page.

@balaji.ambresh do you really think Coursera will do that? You gotta be kidding me!
**The solution needs to come from your side, eliminating the constraint on ** 1. Distributed Multi-worker TensorFlow Training on Kubernetes assignment requirement, so we can graduate and don’t have to pay unnecessarily for idle time. That simple!

PS: For No 2. Machine Learning with TensorFlow in Vertex AI the solutionfrom @Georges_El_Helou works perfectly fine!

Can you just update this to an ungraded lab and sent an update once available? This will help some of us who have been waiting for weeks just for this lab to complete specialization and move on.

3 Likes

Hi @chris.favila

I’d like to kindly request you to escalate this issue, as this issue hasn’t been resolved in an efficient manner, and is negatively affecting us (and our experience from the course, deeplearning.ai and Coursera).

Having finished all our other assignments, we’ve been held unable to receive our certificate and continue as expected, with our specialization. It also costs us money, as we have to pay Coursera on a monthly basis, and many of us don’t have the time to wait for this to get resolved (without even knowing when).

Can you please escalate this issue, so it gets resolved ASAP? e.g.

a) The assignment is immediately marked as not-required
b) the problem is solved within the next hours

Thanks for your understanding and collaboration!

Ivan Diaz

Hi @balaji.ambresh

I’d like to kindly request you to escalate this issue, as this issue hasn’t been resolved in an efficient manner, and is negatively affecting us (and our experience from the course, deeplearning.ai and Coursera).

Having finished all our other assignments, we’ve been held unable to receive our certificate and continue as expected, with our specialization. It also costs us money, as we have to pay Coursera on a monthly basis, and many of us don’t have the time to wait for this to get resolved (without even knowing when).

Can you please escalate this issue, so it gets resolved ASAP? e.g.

a) The assignment is immediately marked as not-required
b) the problem is solved within the next hours

Thanks for your understanding and collaboration!

Ivan Diaz

I’ve done everything for this course except this lab, can I please get my certificate? I don’t know why this one won’t launch );

Hi everyone. I am terribly sorry for this predicament. I’ve escalated this issue repeatedly (and again yesterday) but I didn’t get feedback. I will reach out to more people today to hopefully get a resolution within the next 24 to 48 hours. This is for both Qwiklabs and Coursera. Unfortunately, it is not straightforward to mark this as ungraded. We’ve been lobbying for workarounds since last week, but there was no approval. I’ll include your feedback in this next attempt and hopefully, they will realize the urgency of the situation. I’ll start this now and update here again. Thank you and I apologize again.

1 Like

Thank you for helping us with this! It means a lot :slight_smile:

Hi everyone! There is now a temporary replacement lab that you will see again in Course 4. Hopefully, this will give you a grade and allow you to complete the course. Please let me know how it goes. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks! I was just able to complete it

1 Like

Thank you for your attention to these issues and swift action. I am able to complete Course 3.

Much appreciated.

1 Like