W2 - Final Graded Assignment - Error: The zone does not have enough resources available to fulfil the request

Hi, when I follow the first three steps of the ‘Autoscaling TensorFlow model deployments with TF Serving and Kubernetes’ assignment I get the following error:

Command: gcloud beta container clusters create $CLUSTER_NAME
–cluster-version=latest
–machine-type=n1-standard-4
–enable-autoscaling
–min-nodes=1
–max-nodes=3
–num-nodes=1

End of error:
statusMessage: “Google Compute Engine: Not all instances running in IGM after 13.363891811s.Expected 1, running 0, transitioning 1. Current errors: [GCE_STOCKOUT]: Instance ‘gke-cluster-2-default-pool-5df7d62f-j312’ creation failed: The zone ‘projects/qwiklabs-gcp-01-d237c94635e2/zones/us-central1-f’ does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request. Try adifferent zone, or try again later.”
targetLink: ‘https://container.googleapis.com/v1beta1/projects/929561238817/zones/us-central1-f/clusters/cluster-2
zone: ‘us-central1-f’>] finished with error: Google Compute Engine: Not all instances running in IGM after 13.363891811s. Expected 1, running 0, transitioning 1. Current errors: [GCE_STOCKOUT]: Instance ‘gke-cluster-2-default-pool-5df7d62f-j312’ creation failed: The zone ‘projects/qwiklabs-gcp-01-d237c94635e2/zones/us-central1-f’ does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request. Try a different zone, or try again later.

I have tried restarting the terminal and changing the cluster name to rerun this command without any luck.

Is anyone able to help me with what I can do from here?

Interesting, now whenever I go to start any of the Google Cloud labs I get this error, so I don’t think this is caused by anything specific in the lab, and I might just need to wait for it to be fixed by Google Cloud Labs:

Lab failed on Thu, 07 Jul 2022 22:13:05 -0400: Deployment Manager error: On [/deployments/qldm-24733100-498e0655e56708ba/resources/startup-vm]: ["{"ResourceType":"compute.v1.instance","ResourceErrorCode":"ZONE_RESOURCE_POOL_EXHAUSTED","ResourceErrorMessage":"The zone 'projects/qwikl… Any credits or tokens you used to start this lab have been refunded.

What did qwiklabs help tell you about this?

I just finished talking with the cloud training support and received the following answer:

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. There is an ongoing issue in this lab and we have taken note of this. It’s our top priority to fix this, our separate team is already working on this and we will fix it at the earliest. We will keep you updated with the progress.

any updates on this? I have the same problem. I’ve been trying for the last 3 days and still getting the same error.

getting same issue for 2 days

Hi SyzygySynecdoche,
The staff have been notified about your issue.

Hi Martin! We just got news from Qwiklabs, and this should now be fixed. I tried it just now and was able to create the cluster:

Hope it also works for you. Thanks!