Week 3 Graded Lab - Kernel issues

My guess based on that is that your notebook is fundamentally corrupted somehow. Did you maybe download it, work on it on a different platform like your local computer or Colab, and then upload it back to Coursera? If so, that can cause weird errors like this.

This is the part of the error I’m talking about:

raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

My interpretation of that is that it’s not even a valid JSON text file somehow. You might want to try getting a clean copy and then carefully copy/pasting over just your completed code from the “YOUR CODE HERE” sections and see if that helps.

I guess the other theory would be that it’s some kind of weird IT problem, e.g. a proxy server messing with the connection to the grader, but this is DLS C2 W3 and there have been a lot of other assignments before this one. I assume you didn’t have any problems like this on the C1 and earlier C2 assignments. If not, then the only way the “proxy server” theory could work is if you have changed your network setup recently, e.g. before you submitted successfully from your home network and now you are at work or at school on their network, which might have stricter security policies.

1 Like