Week 4 assignment: Please create a JupyterLab Notebook Instance

Can DeepLearning staff mark my week 4 assignment as done?
Qwiklabs is ridiculous, buggy and failing, which is typical in my experience.
“Please create a JupyterLab Notebook Instance” is the error for step with cloning github repo, even though the previous step is marked as successful BUT with the same message.

I have tried restarting the entire lab, but it didn’t help at all.
I don’t have enough motivation to do that again, as it’s time-consuming and meaningless. I ran the whole notebook until displaying wit widget, which fails with “Error displaying widget” and “Error: No version of module wit-widget is registered” in JS console. And yes, I’ve restarted the kernel.

Exact same problem here. Asks me to create a jupyter instance even though that check went through fine (and I’m using the Jupyter instance and have completed the asked for task).

1 Like

Looking at the external platform lab’s reviews, it looks like it’s been broken for four days (four days of one star reviews with people listing this exact same error).

I have the same problem. Tried 5 times, still the same.

I’m currently encountering the same problem were you able to find a solution?

The exact same problems here. Errors I am getting: “Please create a JupyterLab Notebook Instance” and “Error displaying widget”. Hope the moderators resolve this soon.

Hi everyone! Thank you for reporting and apologies for the trouble! We’ll investigate this and escalate to our partners so it can be fixed asap. Please monitor this thread for updates. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hello again! While the lab is being fixed, we’ve modified the grading threshold so you can still get a passing score even without the last two checkpoints. We’ve now reported this to our partners so they can work on the updates. Will keep you posted!

I went through the lab once again, at the grades page says that I didn’t pass:

Didn’t Pass Sep 18 11:59 PM CEST 33% 65%

Hi Chris,

The lab does not open anymore. Please see the screenshot below.

Regards,
Matt

Hi! I sent a request now to our partners to bring it back up again so you can get a grade. They said that they are working on a replacement lab and another department might have taken the current one down too quickly. Hopefully, it will be live again soon. Will keep you posted!

Hi Max! That is strange. I just checked the settings now and that should have met the threshold (now set even lower to 30%). When the lab is back up, can you retry it one more time with these tips:

1. Start a new Incognito/Private session in your browser and take the lab there.
  2. After completing the lab, make sure to press the End Lab button on the Qwiklabs page.

If it’s still shown as Didn't Pass, please take a screenshot of that Grades page output and reach out to a Coursera agent (instructions here). They should be able to help adjust your grade to Passing. Unfortunately, we can’t do that adjustment from our end. Please let them know that you already talked with the course staff and also tried clearing out your cache/cookies. You can then send the screenshot as proof that you met the threshold. Please let us know how it goes and I’m sorry for this rough experience with the lab!

–edit–
Alternatively, you can also try chatting with an agent now since you already have a screenshot. It’s just they usually ask learners to try clearing browser cookies/cache. But since the lab is down, you won’t be able to do that.

1 Like

Hello again! The lab is now back online but the previous issues still remain.

I ended up communicating Coursera, and they’ve redirected me to Qwiklabs support.

It will be necessary to contact support@qwiklabs.com with the following information: 1. Email address of your Coursera account. 2. Name of the course and assignment where the issue occcurs. 3. explain the issue and attach screenshots of the error. Qwiklabs will be able to indicate to us directly if we can mark this lab as completed as they will need to review the information provided in the lab, if we get a confirmation from them we will let you know when your lab is marked as completed.

Update: score of the grade was adjusted by Coursera after I contacted Qwiklabs. Hope that the lab will be fixed soon.

1 Like

My score is 65%, it’s still fail now.

Hi Max! Thank you for the update and glad you were able to have the grade status adjusted. That step about contacting Qwiklabs first is something new. I’ll try to ask Coursera if we can skip that step for other learners to make the process quicker. Thanks again!

Hi! Did you take the lab before yesterday? Or is it your first time taking it just now? It looks like the grading threshold adjustment only applies to learners who are taking the lab for the first time. Will clarify with Coursera. In any case, you might need to do the steps shared by Max on this post to get your grade status adjusted. Please chat with a Coursera agent first and if they tell you to contact Qwiklabs, you can also chat with the support team there by clicking this icon from the Qwiklabs instructions page:

Sorry for the extra steps but we’ll try to make it better. Please let us know how it goes. Thank you and hope you get the passing mark soon!

I already use over five times, I always can’t check my progress of Task 3.
I also contact Qwiklabs over two times, it still can’t check it.

I just wanna to sure the C3W4 lab it’s recover now?
If it’s ok, I will use it again.

Because I don’t waste too much time for it.

Hi! I’m sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, the lab is still broken so I don’t recommend taking it again. Since you have already met the passing score, please take a screenshot of the Grades page output and reach out to a Coursera agent (instructions here). They should be able to help adjust your grade to Passing. Unfortunately, we can’t do that adjustment from our end. Please let them know that you already talked with the course staff and also tried clearing out your cache/cookies. You can then send the screenshot as proof that you met the threshold. Please tell them that the course staff has modified the threshold and your score should indeed be given the Passing mark. Hope this helps!

1 Like