Week1 lab - Exceeded time error on aws

I was in the middle of going through the first assignment of week 1 when the kernel died and I could not restart it. I closed the aws page and tried to restart the lab and I now get the error message: “Your total lab usage time of 2545 minutes has exceeded the total allocated time of 60 minutes” I certainly have not used 2545 minutes, probably not even 30 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Likes

To follow up. I am still getting the exact same message 1 day later. This is quite frustrating!

I have the same problem with the W1 laboratory of the Course 3 (Optimize models using Automatic Model Tuning) because the Vocareum application does not allow me to access AWS.
When I try to access I get a warning message that says: “Your total lab usage time of 2087 minutes has exceeded the total allocated time of 60 minutes”.
I’ve been trying to do the test for two days.

Did you guys get a solution? I am on week three and i have encountered the same error

1 Like

Unfortunately no solution yet

1 Like

Hi y’all, the same problem happened here. It’s even impossible to check my grade of the jupyter notebook now.
Can Coursera help solve this problem?

1 Like

Same issue here - waiting for a solution

getting the same error for C1W3 lab. Hope solution will be here soon.

1 Like

I just encountered a similar issue for C1_W4. Only 30 mins is given instead of 4 hours. Also, the lab initialization took 10 mins already, and the notebook got stuck at kernel starting phase.

1 Like

Hi!

I am also experiencing the same problem described by wkuoptd, in my case in C1_W3. Is this related to the AWS US East 1 downtime of past Tuesday?

Thanks.

I’m no sure but this is a very interesting question.

I have the same problem