When the course is expired

Hello everyone

I have one question. Can I review all of the courses when the time of the course is expired after I finish all courses?

Hello @Penghao_Peng,

Currently, when you have a valid subscription you have access to all course content, including downloading the labs for your backup, and when that subscription is expired, you can only watch the videos. Therefore, the access depends on the subscription.

Raymond

Thank you very much. Could you tell me what should I download software to open the labs that I downloaded?

Hello @Penghao_Peng,

I will only suggest one way for you to open and read it (but not to run it), which is to upload your notebook to a google drive and open it with Google Colab.

To read and also run it on your computer, you will need to setup your own jupyter lab or jupyter notebook environment. Please use any search engine to look for instructions on how to set it up on your machine.

Raymond

Ok, Thank you very much. I have another question. Could you tell me where I can practice the skills I learned from the course? Such as websites, apps etc.

Here.

You might spend 10-30 minutes going through these problems, and pick one that is interesting. To practice for the skills, I would not go for any time series problem, language problem nor image problem - these will rule out many of them =P.

After you have picked one or two candidate problems, the most challenging way to start practicing is to not look at any other references but to go back to the courses and sort out a list of things you will want to do against your dataset. It’s like a plan so it’s going to be like (1) load the data (2) have a look at the data (3) split the data into train / cv set, blah blah blah. Then you start coding. Whenever you come to this question “How to do XYZ?”, check out course content or google the question. I wouldn’t be surprised if it will take you 1-3 days to complete if it’s your first time.

A faster way is to go to the problem page first, then go to the “Code” section where you will see others sharing their works.

I suggest you to go for the challenging way first for 1-3 days, and repeat for a few problems. Sometimes it looks silly because if someone has posted their works, then why spend so much time exploring and end up just as good or less good? My reason is I am preparing for the day when I work independently, without any ready code for me to copy. I believe you will find the best balance, but my suggestion is to make it more challenging.

Whichever way you go for, please try to connect your work back to the videos especially these:

• C1 W2 feature scaling and engineering
  • C2 W3 model evaluation, bias and variance
  • For the rest of the courses, they are different modeling strategies and you won’t be using all of them for every problem, so I will leave them to you to pick the relevant one or some relevant parts of each.

Lastly, you might post your work here to share your findings. If I find something that I would have done differently I will share with you. However, please don’t ask big questions like “how to approach this problem” or “what am I missing”, otherwise I would just ask you to look at others’ work. You see, it’s useful only if you try to figure a way out yourself. Try to google for answers if you encounter an error message, and google the question “How to do XYZ?” instead of saying “I am unable to XYZ”. Your findings, your way is what matters even if it is not the most efficient way. Your finding should be 90% of the time, others’ or my suggestion should be 10% or less.

Good luck,
Raymond

Ok. I know what you mean. Thank you very much for your advice.

1 Like

Hello @Penghao_Peng,

You are welcome! The approach I am suggesting is least guided, or most self-guided, but I think it will be very rewarding too. Feel free to share any findings if you would like to :wink:

Good luck and keep trying!
Raymond