Argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

model_predict = unet(
                noisy_model_input,
                timesteps,
                encoder_hidden_states,
            )[0]

I’m trying to fine tune Dreambooth with my photos instead of Andrew’s. However, the code above is producing the argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable error and I’m stuck.

First I was getting NaNs from the latent_dist.sample() and i upcasted the pixel values to torch.float32 and now i’m nomore having the NaNs. However, even after upcasting, the NoneType error is there!

I am having the same problem. I suspect there is something wrong with the default unet.config.addition_embed_type=“text_time” but when I reset that to None I get a matrix multiplication error

can you share a screenshot of the error.

regards
dp

print(unet.config.addition_embed_type) prints “text_time” which requires an additional directory to be passed (added_cond_kwargs) when calling unet. When I reset unet.config.addition_embed_type = None, then I get the matrix multiplication error.
“text_time” warning and error screen_shot
usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/conv.py:456: UserWarning: Plan failed with a cudnnException: CUDNN_BACKEND_EXECUTION_PLAN_DESCRIPTOR: cudnnFinalize Descriptor Failed cudnn_status: CUDNN_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED (Triggered internally at …/aten/src/ATen/native/cudnn/Conv_v8.cpp:919.)
return F.conv2d(input, weight, bias, self.stride,

Setting unet.config.addition_embed_type = None here is the warning and error I get.
/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/conv.py:456: UserWarning: Plan failed with an OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 4.00 GiB. GPU (Triggered internally at …/aten/src/ATen/native/cudnn/Conv_v8.cpp:924.)
/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/conv.py:456: UserWarning: Plan failed with an OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 8.00 GiB. GPU (Triggered internally at …/aten/src/ATen/native/cudnn/Conv_v8.cpp:924.)

that’s the exact same issue i got stuck at

1 Like

Can you confirm if you have downloaded all the necessary files also with the codes you are trying to run?

Yes, I believe so. Just to be extra cautious, I have included the entire utils.py file in my colab notebook. Fyi, there were three previous things I had to debug before getting to this bug. 1. create an xformers_is_available() function (mentioned by someone else in another thread) 2. fix a typo noise_scheduler.config_num_train_timesteps to noise_scheduler.config.num_train_timesteps 3. change return_dic =False to return_dict=False

same for me

1 Like

can you share link to your colab with the codes you mentioned? let me check once!!

sharing a link here results in: An error occurred: Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.

send via personal DM

I shared my link via DM

1 Like

Hi @Mohsin_Ansari

The link your shared, tells me I do not have access, can you make the Google Colab link public, so I can have a look. Probably use some other random image than personal image for such assignments and then share the link.

Regards
DP

Hi @techsis

You did DM me but without the link to your Colab.

I have made the drive public and sent you a new link. I loaded the andrew pictures in my instance folder. The class folder is empty so upload the pictures of men used in the class into that directory.

Hi @Mohsin_Ansari . did you get a solution?

Hi @Mohsin_Ansari

1. Issues what I noticed, while pip installing comet_ml, there is an ERROR: Operation cancelled by user, this means you didn’t let the cell run completely.

2. The above issue cause next issue while you were setting new Comet experiment which gave you log info

COMET WARNING: To get all data logged automatically, import comet_ml before the following modules: torch.
COMET WARNING: As you are running in a Jupyter environment, you will need to call experiment.end() when finished to ensure all metrics and code are logged before exiting.
COMET INFO: Couldn’t find a Git repository in ‘/content’ nor in any parent directory. Set COMET_GIT_DIRECTORY if your Git Repository is elsewhere.
COMET INFO: Experiment is live on comet.com Comet.ml | Supercharging Machine Learning

1. Can I know the significance of recalling unit configuration as None

unet.config.addition_embed_type = None

1. Your next error

usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/conv.py:456: UserWarning: Plan failed with an OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 4.00 GiB. GPU (Triggered internally at …/aten/src/ATen/native/cudnn/Conv_v8.cpp:924.)
/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/torch/nn/modules/conv.py:456: UserWarning: Plan failed with an OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 8.00 GiB. GPU (Triggered internally at …/aten/src/ATen/native/cudnn/Conv_v8.cpp:924.)

the above error is stating you do not enough GPU to run the model

1. Another similar error
    OutOfMemoryError: CUDA out of memory. Tried to allocate 2.00 GiB. GPU

2. RuntimeError Traceback (most recent call last)
    in <cell line: 20>()
    19 # Concatenate the tensors
    —> 20 add_embeds = torch.cat([text_embeds, time_embeds], dim=-1) # Adjust dim as needed
    21 add_embeds = add_embeds.to(encoder_hidden_states.dtype)

RuntimeError: Tensors must have same number of dimensions: got 3 and 2

The above error is giving an mismatch dimension error.

Honestly too many errors, I don’t why you still went ahead after error log, I cannot understand.

Another thing, to run numerous codes in a single cell also would be not a good choice.

If Google Colab is causing issue, try Jupyter notebook, but make sure you have enough memory to run the models.

Regards
DP

@techsis

You are suppose to make your Colab link public before you share a link.

When I click the link provided by you, it is stating I do not have access.

Also when you share the link, make sure you have run down the cell one by one, so I can access your error log as reflect in your system.

Regards
DP