C4_W4_L1: dbt run: 2/7 OK; 5/7 ERROR: "classicmodels.<table_name>" does not exist

Thanks in advance.

Attempted Solutions

  • Triple check end-user process to ensure following instructions properly: read top-bottom in lab up until error point ensuring to reset the state before proceeding to re-run all the cells and cli commands.
  • Help > Get Latest Version
  • Help > Reboot
  • Read logs and CLI stack trace: stack trace line numbers don’t match source files so there must be some sql injection happening, but the error content matches the last line for each classicmodels_modeling/models/star_schema/*.sql

Problem Description

I opened the lab for the first time. I followed the instructions, running all the cells, and everything in the console and jupyter cells appear to be giving me the correct return values and feedback that everything is ok until I enter dbt run where the lab screenshot says I should see:

Expected Output

Done. PASS=7 WARN=0 ERROR=0 SKIP=0 NO-OP=0 TOTAL=7 .

Actual Output

Done. PASS=2 WARN=0 ERROR=5 SKIP=0 NO-OP=0 REUSED=0 TOTAL=7

CLI Stack Trace Example

<timestamp> [ERROR]: in model dim_customers (models/star_schema/dim_customers.sql)
<timestamp> Database Error in model dim_customers (models/star_schema/dim_customers.sql)
relation "classicmodels.customers" does not exist
LINE 25: FROM classicmodels.customers

Command Output Screen Shots

Tell me if there is anything I need to do on my side to solve this error. At first attempt, I can’t find the solution through my localized side with the privileges and methods available.

@shawnnix could it be that you accidentally skipped a step?