C5 week 1 assignment 3

it figures- i have an extensive audio recording studio iand play guitar and im well versed in midi - i realize assignment 3 has little to do with any of the aforementioned - i found some irony that this was the one that had me pulling my hair out- i was excited to finally hear my model’s version of jazz -alas , im somehow getting a 66 and after i passed all tests (at long last )i saw the one note from the group advising students to traceback to see if extra functions were implemented but i don’t think i made that mistake - i went on to upload latest version -cleared output and ran all and it passed again - so not sure why im getting a 66 - i didn’t just go right to the forum when i ran into trouble - i fought this one much akin to the way a hemingway protaganist of note boated his quarry- any insight would be humbly accepted

What exactly is the issue? I could not tell clearly from your paragraph of text.

im getting a 66 i should be getting a 100

Code Cell UNQ_C1: Function ‘djmodel’ is correct.
Code Cell UNQ_C2: Function ‘music_inference_model’ is correct.
Code Cell UNQ_C3: Function ‘predict_and_sample’ is incorrect. Check implementation.
If you see many functions being marked as incorrect, try to trace back your steps & identify if there is an incorrect function that is being used in other steps.
This dependency may be the cause of the errors.

You can’t really do much with the sort of “suggestions” that the grader gives you for what might be wrong. The first question is what the output of predict_and_sample looks like when you run it in the notebook. They don’t have an actual test there and they do warn that the results can vary, but it’s worth taking a look. Please “copy/paste” your output. Please use the “</>” formatting tool, so that it doesn’t get rewritten by the markdown logic.

does this look too far off

I tried running this multiple times and get different answers everytime. So I don’t think there is much that we can deduce from that. Well, if I just run that one cell over again, I get the same answer. But if I run the whole notebook again after a “Kernel → Restart and Clear Output”, I get different output here, even if I add a setting of the random seed.

So maybe the only practical way forward here is to look at your code. I’ll send you a DM about that in a second.

i don’t underestimate your efforts to help to the students so i try not to go to forum (now that i understand iit a little better -until i’m completely vexed- but with fresh eyes tonight i dug in again and i was able to solve it rather easily - thanks for all your help and not just here throughout this entire process - Holiday distractions and family duties pulled me away from fully engaging until now - or i would have called you off sooner -hope i didn’t waste too much of your time on this one

It’s good news that you were able to get to the solution under your own power. Thanks for confirming!