Course 2, Week 1: split_data function 'No such file or directory' error

My plan in this assignment was to create a list, called dir, from the source directory, randomize the files in that list, then get rid of all files of size 0. Somewhere along the way, I seem to be losing track of the files, because I keep getting ‘No such file or directory’ issues.

Hello!

Welcome to our community!

Before you start, it’s important that you carefully read the community guidelines at the link to understand the rules and principles that govern our interactions.

When you encounter any problem or challenge, please refrain from posting the complete or partial solution. Instead, feel free to share the error you encountered in the test output or the difficulties you are facing while building the solution, as exemplified in the initial text.

Therefore, I kindly request that you remove your code from the publication.

Now, going back to your question, I believe it’s not necessary to pick random files for size verification. Have you considered checking all of them before selecting random examples?

One tip is to try creating a list with the valid files and then distribute the elements of the list according to your needs in the problem.

In any case, if you need more help to proceed, just let us know.