I keep running into:
The kernel appears to have died. It will restart automatically.
Kernel errors can occur when the notebook system runs out of memory, often when users run multiple notebooks at once. Please check the list of running notebooks and shut down any notebooks that you are not using.
I am not running any other notebooks and have tried running it at several different times to not compete for GPU resources.
My code seems to run fine… I can only run 2-4 of the 5 epochs on this part of the assignment before encountering the error… could it be my code? I have not been able to find many helpful resources with regards to this problem
LAB ID: qpsttdzzafht
We are extremely sorry that you are facing this issue. Please note that there could be multiple reasons and multiple hacks to solve it. Let’s discuss:
- Adding print statements in a loop or any other bad code
- Bad weather at cloud
- Memory issue at Coursera
- The first one is in your control,
- The second one can be checked by running your code at different times (you already did it)
- The third one is somewhat volatile.
Some users face it (3rd one) and some don’t. Last time, Coursera staff told us that Rebooting will help users to get rid of this problem. Please try Rebooting from the Help section. You may need to do your code again (I am not sure), so, download your notebook before rebooting.
PS: Make sure you are not doing any of these:
Before submitting your assignment to the AutoGrader, please make sure you are not doing the following:
1. You have not added any extra print statement(s) in the assignment.
2. You have not added any extra code cell(s) in the assignment.
3. You have not changed any of the function parameters.
4. You are not using any global variables inside your graded exercises. Unless specifically instructed to do so, please refrain from it and use the local variables instead.
5. You are not changing the assignment code where it is not required, like creating extra variables.
If you do any of the following, you will get something like, Grader Error: Grader feedback not found (or similarly unexpected) error upon submitting your assignment. Before asking for help/debugging the errors in your assignment, check for these first. If this is the case, and you don't remember the changes you have made, you can get a fresh copy of the assignment by following these instructions.