Grader Error: Grader feedback not found in C3W1

Hi @TS_Dream,

Kindly read through the “Important note on Submission” at the top of the assignment, and make sure you are not doing any of those listed things,

Best,
Mubsi

thank you @Mubsi.,

I followed the instructions and got a fresh copy from the notebook. i submit it without making any change it gave me “The notebook you provided has a syntax error that prevents it from compiling.”.
I solved the first exercise only and submit it again , it gave me the same error for all exercises, it did not gave me even 10/10 in the one i solved although the unitest said all test passed

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Hi @TS_Dream,

This is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I have made some changes, try submitting now, and let me know if it works.

Best,
Mubsi

Thank you so much @Mubsi, it worked.

was it a problem in the notebook itself or i wrote a wrong code that caused this error ? to prevent something like this from happening again

Because unfortunately, i have the same problem in another notebook ID: yynmcfhj

I solved first function , revert , reboot, reload get new copies many times and it gave me “the notebook you provided has a syntax error that prevents it from compiling”

is there a solution for it ?

Hi @TS_Dream,

Is this something I can help you with still ?

Cheers,
Mubsi

Hi, I have the same problem. I passed all the test but cannot get grade. Please do help me. my ID is grcrjrck. This is my last work of all NLP courses! Sincerely thanks for your help in advance!

Hi @Jiaqi_Shao,

At the start of the notebook there’s:

**Important Note on Submission to the AutoGrader**

Before submitting your assignment to the AutoGrader, please make sure you are not doing the following:

1. You have not added any extra print statement(s) in the assignment.
2. You have not added any extra code cell(s) in the assignment.
3. You have not changed any of the function parameters.
4. You are not using any global variables inside your graded exercises. Unless specifically instructed to do so, please refrain from it and use the local variables instead.
5. You are not changing the assignment code where it is not required, like creating extra variables.

If you do any of the following, you will get something like, Grader not found (or similarly unexpected) error upon submitting your assignment. Before asking for help/debugging the errors in your assignment, check for these first. If this is the case, and you don't remember the changes you have made, you can get a fresh copy of the assignment by following these instructions.

This clearly mentions if you do any of the listed things you will run into Grader not found error.

Please make sure you are not doing any of these listed things.

Best,
Mubsi

Could you provide me with more detail please?

It always shows that The notebook you provided has a syntax error that prevents it from compiling. . I feel so helpless.

(Solution code removed, as posting it publicly is against the honour code of this community)

Try submitting it now.

@Mubsi
Hi, I have a previously mentioned issue " Grader Error: Grader feedback not found". I start with the fresh notebook, I think I don’t have a global variable in the train_model function. Could You help me? My lab id is clffxoiu

Hi @Filter_Bloom,

I believe you have been copy/pasted your solutions from elsewhere (which by the way is against the honour code of this community). I know this because your solution contains code from an older version of the notebook.

Here’s a code snippet taken from the current version of Ex 2 of the assignment:

And here’s a code snippet taken from Ex 2 of your notebook version:

As you can see, your notebook version has extra lines of code which are not present in the original notebook.

Please make sure your solutions are your own and you don’t add anything extra.

(I only looked as far as Ex 2 of your notebook, until I came across this)

Best,
Mubsi

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hello @Mubsi ,
I am stuck in this problem as well, not sure if the global variables are being used.
My labid is spkrokgf

Thanks

Hi @Kushal_Shah,

If you are not sure if global variables are being used, can you check for those first and then let me know ?

Thanks,
Mubsi

Hello @Mubsi
I checked. They are not being used.

Thanks,
Kushal

Hi @Kushal_Shah,

In Ex 6, you had removed random_seed=31. This is an important line of code, not to be removed.

In various exercises you had initialized double variables, what I mean is, taking this one of many examples out of your notebook, is_pos_int = is_pos_int = (solution). I have fixed these.

Other than these, I don’t see anything that could be problematic (at least not right now).

Try submitting again and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Mubsi

Hello @Mubsi

Thank you. It worked. Appreciate it :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Kushal

Dear @Mubsi (or any other mentor),

I’ve stumbled upon this thread as I’m encountering the same issue with C3W1 Assignment as described here. Each time I try to submit the assignment, I get either “Syntax not correct” or “Grader Error: Grader feedback not found” error for all of the tests (so I get 0/ 80 points each time).

I am not quite sure if any global variables are involved, but I’ve already checked my submission multiple times and read all the replies you gave within this thread. Hoverwer, as the grader does not indicate the specific task that fails each time, I am very much desperate at this point.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Lab ID: tnbxgghywcxr