How to start building your own chatbot

Hello Community! :smiley:

I’ve completed three of DeepLearning.AI’s short courses and would like to build my own chatbot based on LLM as a study project. I’m product manager of a tech (but not ML) product, I have entry-level knowledge of Python, yet I’m ready to learn more in case if it’s needed.

I have several quite simple use cases im mind, which imply simple inputs (text or emodgi, and also links or pdf files without a need to understand the contents) and chatbot’s outputs in text. I wonder which platforms could be used to build an interface for such a bot? Telegram comes first to my mind, as I use it quite a lot as the most of my social circle. Yet maybe there are other platforms you’ve used?

Also, I’d be very grateful for any tips on how to build LLM-based chatbot (any videos, text instructions) from scratch. Sorry for the broadness of my inquiry, right now I have only the CJM for my use cases, so all the technical part is something really new for me and the courses’ material seemed missing those initial steps for newbies.

Thank you :pray:

Hi @nina.p,

I believe building your own chatbot is taught in one (or more) of our LLMs short courses. Kindly check those out.

Cheers,
Mubsi

Hi @Mubsi,

Thank you so much for your kind answer.

I’ve completed “Prompt Engineering for Developers”, “Building Systems with the ChatGPT API” and “LangChain for LLM Applications”, but I’m still struggling with the very first steps, lacking understanding of several technical moments.

What is to be done to have not just a code written in my Jupyter Notebook, but a deployed application? Any suggestions of certain courses where I could understand this transition are welcomed.

Best wishes,
Nina

Hi @nina.p,

I’m not much familiar with these topics, I’m afraid I can’t give you a good suggestion regarding the courses you can take.

However, if you are struggling with the technicalities, I’d suggest to first make sure you understand the foundations before diving into the advance topics.

Additionally, developing something and then deploying it (as an application) are two very different things and require for you to know the both. It is not like, you have the understanding and the skillset to develop something that deploying it would be easy. More often than not, this is not the case. Again, I’d suggest to start from these basic topics, or at least have an understanding of it, so that in case something isn’t working, you’d know or could figure out why. Then dive into the advance topics.

Best,
Mubsi

Hi @Mubsi,

Thank you very much for clarifying this :pray: Now I have something to start with.

Best wishes,
Nina

1 Like