I messes up real bad. Deleted my Submission Notebook :/

Dear Mentors,

Eventhough I had completed the code without any errors, because I had fiddled with the last code snippet to load the various datasets and visualize it I was not able to submit the assignment successfully.

So I thought if I delete the file, it would be replaced with the default notebook a I made a copy of it and deleted the original file. Now when I try to reload the file, I am not able to.

It would be of great help if you could reset the assignment.

The grader output error is: (Before deleting the file)

[ValidateApp | INFO] Validating ‘/home/jovyan/work/submitted/courseraLearner/W3A1/Planar_data_classification_with_one_hidden_layer.ipynb’
[ValidateApp | ERROR] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/preprocessors/checkcellmetadata.py”, line 11, in preprocess
MetadataValidator().validate_nb(nb)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/nbgraderformat/v3.py”, line 107, in validate_nb
raise ValidationError(“Duplicate grade id: {}”.format(grade_id))
jsonschema.exceptions.ValidationError: Duplicate grade id: cell-be9a6c2220f20d3a

[ValidateApp | ERROR] Notebook failed to validate; the nbgrader metadata may be corrupted.
[ValidateApp | ERROR] Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/apps/validateapp.py”, line 72, in start
validator.validate_and_print(filename)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/validator.py”, line 340, in validate_and_print
results = self.validate(filename)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/validator.py”, line 311, in validate
nb = self._preprocess(nb)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/validator.py”, line 290, in _preprocess
nb, resources = pp.preprocess(nb, resources)
File “/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages/nbgrader/preprocessors/checkcellmetadata.py”, line 16, in preprocess
raise ValidationError(msg)
jsonschema.exceptions.ValidationError: Notebook failed to validate; the nbgrader metadata may be corrupted.

[ValidateApp | ERROR] nbgrader encountered a fatal error while trying to validate ‘submitted/courseraLearner/W3A1/Planar_data_classification_with_one_hidden_layer.ipynb’

Thanking in advance,

Srini Prakash Maiya.

Got the solution. I found a pinned thread regarding the same issue.

1 Like

That’s great! Glad to hear you found the answer. For anyone else who sees this, please check the FAQ Thread for this answer and others. :nerd_face:

2 Likes