Introducing ADA: making AI professional standards easier for clients to check

Hi everyone, I’m Simon Lewis, based in Yorkshire in the UK. I’ve built ADA, a professional membership platform for AI consultants, developers, trainers and advisers.

The question behind it is simple: how does a client check what sits behind an AI professional’s claims? A working demo is useful, but it doesn’t explain how data is handled, how outputs are checked or who takes responsibility when something goes wrong.

ADA has a staged route. Foundation records professional commitments and declarations; Practitioner and Leader require supporting evidence and human review. Eligible members can choose to show their current membership standing on the public register. It is not regulatory approval, a guarantee of work, or proof of competence for every AI project.

For transparency, this is my own platform and it offers paid membership. The requirements and fees are published here: ADA membership route.

I’d welcome practical feedback from people delivering AI work: what evidence actually helps your clients make a decision, and what would make a professional standards framework useful rather than just another badge?