C1W3_Assignment_Exercise 3 & 4 - "There was a problem grading your submission. Check stderr for more details."

I am getting “There was a problem grading your submission. Check stderr for more details.” but I am getting the correct expected output and All test passed in the assignment as well

Hi @r.apurva

99% of the time when you pass the unit tests (and all your outputs match the expected outputs) but grading of the assignment fails, it is one of those reasons:

Important Note on Submission to the AutoGrader

Before submitting your assignment to the AutoGrader, please make sure you are not doing the following:

1. You have not added any extra print statement(s) in the assignment.
  2. You have not added any extra code cell(s) in the assignment.
  3. You have not changed any of the function parameters.
  4. You are not using any global variables inside your graded exercises. Unless specifically instructed to do so, please refrain from it and use the local variables instead.
  5. You are not changing the assignment code where it is not required, like creating extra variables.

80% of these are:

1. You are not using any global variables inside your graded exercises. Unless specifically instructed to do so, please refrain from it and use the local variables instead.

For example, if you have local variable named embeddings then do not use global variable named word_embeddings.

Cheers

1 Like

i didnt add any print cells im having same issue auto grader not registering get_country test or get-accuracy test - ive taken quite a few of these courses - shout out to youness - who is great- but i rebooted dumped entire assignment then reworked it cell by cell a second time and got same issue - maybe i made same mistake twice i suppose - but ill try to dump get again clear outputs and do it a third time - ill come back and let u know if it worked - i gather no one is reporting problems with the autograder on this - so it has to be me ruling that out - just confusing when u pass the unit tests and still fail

This sounds like it’s the “global variable” problem that Arvydas described. Did you carefully read his post? Here’s another about the same issue if the above is not enough to get you there.

1 Like

yes i knew that one too - I just didn’t save changes apparently in my case - all is well -thanks

1 Like

Hello, I checked out all the issues you pointed but there doesn’t seem any issue with all this. I tried to get a new copy of the jupyter notebook but I bymistakely saved the checkpoints and am not able to get one.

Did you read this thread which was linked above?

1 Like

No, I guess I missed it. Thank you so much sir!

1 Like

having this same issue in my case. have read all the threads , done everything but still cannot solve the problem . kindly help…
my lab id - fqpofqnsztax

And you’re sure you read this thread? Are you familiar with the concept of “scope of variables” in python?

Note that we cannot directly see your notebooks. I’ll send you a DM about how to proceed.

sir my issue is resolved . i completed the course successfully and earned the certificate. thank you sir for your help.

1 Like

That’s great news. Congratulations on completing the course!