Jupyter Autosave Failed, Forbidden Error

Hi there,

My Jupyter Notebook (under any assignment or course) is failing to save any changes, and throwing back an error message ‘Forbidden’. It seems something that a root changed in config settings have triggered this issue in my Jupyter. I’ve been trying to contact tech support, but there isn’t any on Coursera webpage. Hope you could help with that, I’m a bit behind schedule with the learnings as I’ve been trying to fix this for a couple of days.

Attached screenshot:

There is a way to get tech support: click the small blue square with the ? lower right on any of the actual course webpages (not here on Discourse). They can check your account to make sure it is not misconfigured somehow. But that’s about all they can do. They don’t know anything about the course assignments.

My guess is that this is some kind of IT problem on your side. Something is blocking the operation. The possibilities are A/V software on your computer or a firewall on your local area network. One thing you could try would be to use a different network, e.g. a public wifi at a coffeehouse or library.