When I get to exercise 5 of Course 2 week 3, when I run this cell, the kernel keeps dying. I tried updating Anaconda and have run it at different times but it still doesn’t work. I have also submitted it because all of the tests before this have worked and showed that I have passed them but I am getting a 0 on the assignment even though the code works. I also can’t find the reboot button in the help section so I am usnsure what to do.
If you are using the Coursera environment, updating Anaconda was a very bad idea.
What is the grader feedback when it gives you 0?
Please do these:
- Restart your PC/Laptop
- Open the assignment (C2 W3 A1) you mentioned
- In the Jupyter Notebook, do Kerenl → Restart
- Add a new cell at the top of the notebook.
- Copy and paste the code provided below into the new cell:
- Run the cell to see the output.
In my case, the output is:
3.7.6 | packaged by conda-forge | (default, Mar 23 2020, 23:03:20)
What is yours? I want to see if Coursera has automatically reverted back to the original version after restarting.
OK. I guess Coursera automatically reverted back to the original version.
Have you done anything as below?
**Important Note on Submission to the AutoGrader**
Before submitting your assignment to the AutoGrader, please make sure you are not doing the following:
1. You have not added any extra print statement(s) in the assignment.
2. You have not added any extra code cell(s) in the assignment.
3. You have not changed any of the function parameters.
4. You are not using any global variables inside your graded exercises. Unless specifically instructed to do so, please refrain from it and use the local variables instead.
5. You are not changing the assignment code where it is not required, like creating extra variables.
If you do any of the following, you will get something like, Grader Error: Grader feedback not found (or similarly unexpected) error upon submitting your assignment. Before asking for help/debugging the errors in your assignment, check for these first. If this is the case, and you don't remember the changes you have made, you can get a fresh copy of the assignment by following these instructions.
Can you get a fresh copy of your assignment, as explained here?
I have not done any of the stuff listed above, and I got a fresh copy by following the steps.
OK! Please do your code in a fresh copy (without changing any other code or version) and then try to submit it. Update us here.