River monitoring in Brasil

Hey guys. My name is João Maykon, I’m Brazilian, I’m a firefighter and AI developer. I intend to adapt the teachings presented here to floods and floods, as lately we have been going through a lot of floods and as I work directly in rescuing people, perhaps I can help people and entities in the matter. Thank you DeepLearn.AI.

4 Likes

Your insight actually could be subject-matter expert in AI and Climate changes or AI and Disaster Management. It should be great courage working in challenging conditions.

Regards
DP

Hi @jmaykon,

Excited to hear about your intentions to help people around you using AI. Wish you the best of luck.

Mubsi

1 Like

Hi Deepti_Prasad. We are facing several extreme natural phenomena, such as floods and hurricanes. As a firefighter, I have worked in several calamities. I can no longer stand to see what happens to families and my community. My mission now is to no longer act in reaction, but now with prevention. I have a very complex path now, which in addition to getting the project up and running, will involve being able to reach the authorities to show all of this. But first I want to understand everything very well. Thanks

1 Like

Hello Mubsi. I want to help predict these floods and floods that occur in cities here in the region. We are surrounded by many rivers, we only have weather forecasts, where information is predicted based on the entire state. The idea is to reduce the quadrant and implement local sensors to help communities. I will do my best to help and improve myself with AI.

1 Like

That’s a good initiative. I hope you have understanding about how these analysis works. Do you have some data related to the prevention analysis you are talking about??

What kind of understanding are you looking forward?

If you can state your query, probably others can give their views.

Regards
DP

1 Like

Hello Regards. I don’t have data yet, there are no sensors installed here in Brazil or anywhere else, at least I haven’t found them. This is a project still in development, I want to study the projects of this specialization well to bring as much knowledge as possible to this study. I’m passionate about the subject, I’ve already watched and practiced the air quality phase, I’m studying the code line by line, I want to understand it well, I’ll only go to the next module, when I understand everything first. Thank you all. Thank you Coursera and DeepLearningAI.

1 Like