Welcome to our AI4G Community!

Feel free to introduce yourself and Connect!

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m Yahaya, a SysAdmin from Abuja, Nigeria. I am an AI enthusiast currently on an exploratory journey to learn about its potential use cases for social good. I am joining the community from the newly launched AI for Good Specialization on Coursera.

6 Likes

Hello all! I’m Siqi, a psychologist from Canada. I’m very excited about the potential of AI in the healthcare world and I hope to be more involved in this intersection!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Johan (currently) from Barcelona, Spain. This looks like a really interesting course, glad to join you all on our learning journey!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Jake also currently in Barcelona - excited to get going on this course, the content looks fantastic! Good to meet you all.

1 Like

We extend a warm welcome to all of you who have joined the DLAI community. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and don’t hesitate to report any problems you encounter. We wish you the best of luck in your new journey.

1 Like

Hello, I’m Caroline from Zimbabwe. Am excited to take this course and get some guidance on how to use AI for social good. You can coonect with me on linkedIn
www.linkedin.com/in/caroline-shamiso-chitongo-7724381a8 Happy to learn with you all.

2 Likes

Hi! My name is Aadil and I completed my graduate education in public health. I now am working as an Epidemiologist. I am expanding my skillset and technical knowledge by pursuing further education in computer science. I signed up for this course as I realize the emergence and applied use of AI can provide large-scale use in public health.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Veronika, I’m an ecological consultant based in Lisbon, Portugal. I am looking into the possibilities of implementing AI to the projects I work in, so I was thrilled as I found this course.

My LinkedIn, if you are interested to connect https://www.linkedin.com/in/veronika-m-b3a408154/

2 Likes

I’m Todd Bezenek. I don’t have any income so I was hoping to get a discount to keep attending the class. Does anyone know who I would ask about that?

I have an extensive background so I can contribute in exchange for assistance.

Cheers!
Todd B

1 Like

Hello, Aryan. What does “Aryan” stand for?

I’m unemployed and I have been looking for work for 3 years. I was hoping I could get a discount that will allow me to continue taking this course. Who would I talk to about that? I’m willing to help others in order to get a discount.

I have an extensive background that might be helpful to others.

Cheers!
Todd

1 Like

Hello @ToddB,

As far as I know, in some selected courses, the financial aid is open for applications. You might start exploring about it by clicking the link on the course’s description page:

You might also search Cousera’s Help center for more info on “Financial Aid”.

Although you might ask questions about financial aid here and see if other learners have anything to share, the quickest way would be to consult Cousera since they are responsible for everything about it including what you can get if your application gets approved.

Cheers,
Raymond

1 Like

Thank you, Raymond. I’ll take a look at that if I can find it. Since I’m already enrolled, I may not be able to find it.

I donated $99/year so I could get the course for free for 7 days and I have to cancel by the 9th in order to not be charged. It seems like so little money, but where does a person decide it isn’t small anymore?

I give up. I’ll just pay the $99. :slight_smile:

Hey @ToddB,

I think what matters most is that you can decide where you spend your money.

Why don’t you contact Coursera? Nobody knows Cousera better than Cousera. Discuss with them and see what options you have? Maybe you can ask them if you can cancel it and then apply for financial aid? Maybe you can ask about the eligibility and how to apply for that?

Don’t give up your right to do or cancel anything if you think you can make a better decision about it. Good luck!!

Cheers,
Raymond

Thank you, Raymond. I’ll see if I can get a note in front of a real person at Coursera.

@ToddB, it’s great! It is the best move to deal with your subscription matter with Cousera. I am sure you are aware too, but just as a reminder, please mind that 7 day period because it’s your right and responsibility to make that decision within the time window. I am not sure where Cousera’s customer service office is located, but in case it is in the US, there should be a holiday this week besides weekend, and you will need to take that into account too since time is also a concern.

Good luck!
Raymond

1 Like

Hello there @ToddB , I think you should try the financial aid option as previously mentioned by my fellow mentor. It is a very simple process and has a high rate of approval atleast what I have seen myself (of 10s of courses I have applied for none were rejected).
It will only take 5 to 10 minutes to fill out the details and you will recieve a reply back from them in a fortnight.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Anatolii and I am Cloud Consultant living in the UK. AI is interesting topic for me as well as sustainable development

1 Like

Hi, I am Jennifer Cha. I am currently studying computing science in Canada. I am really interested in computer vision and implementing those skills for the deep learning based tissue analysis! Happy to learn with you all :slight_smile: This is my linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/hyunji-cha-812598140/

1 Like