RStudio like developement Enviroment

Hi I am a ML enthusiast, with mailing background using RStudio as a tool to do proof of concept of the ML model I like to test. I am planning to create a replica of the deep models algorithms that I expect to learn in this course using my data that made sense for me in my line of work. I am an I&C Automation engineer with experience in SCADA and Control system. One of my goal is to create a methodology to develop predicts analytics for SCADA systems. I would like to know what environment similar to RStudio do you recommend using Python.

Thanks

Hi @Alcalafrancisco. Disclaimer: I have no experience with R or RStudio. That said, Python is where you want to be for deep learning.

Have you engaged the course material yet? More specifically, the programming assignments? If so, what do you think of the Jupyter notebook environment? Jupyter notebook’s follow-on product called Jupyter Lab, uses Jupyter notebooks as part of a more fully-integrated IDE. I use it and like it–a lot. I am told that it functions much like RStudio. But again, this is not first-hand knowledge. You may want to take a look.

2 Likes

I am working on the second week. I am familiar with the Jupyter notebook’ but I was not aware of Jupyter Lab, I will check it out.

Thanks

@kenb I install Jupyter lab, I am trying to replicate the deep learning lab in my machine, but it seem that all libraries need to be installed by foot and is not straight forward. For instance for the Logistic Regression with a Neural Network mindset exercise I have a error about the ‘load_dataset’ is not defined, but i have the function lr_utils loaded as shown in the example directory. It seems a long way to go.