Submitting First Assignment

I am submitting my first assignment and i get 0 marks. I dont know what is the problem where is the error. this the error i get.
Cell #3. Can’t compile the student’s code. Error: TypeError(“new() received an invalid combination of arguments - got (NoneType, NoneType), but expected one of:\n * (torch.device device)\n * (torch.Storage storage)\n * (Tensor other)\n * (tuple of ints size, torch.device device)\n didn’t match because some of the arguments have invalid types: (!NoneType!, !NoneType!)\n * (object data, torch.device device)\n didn’t match because some of the arguments have invalid types: (!NoneType!, !NoneType!)\n”,)

It sounds like there must be some incomplete code in the notebook. Did you do “Cell → Run All” and then scan the full output to make sure no errors are getting thrown? E.g. maybe there is some “None” someplace that needed to get replaced with real code, but it’s not in one of the graded cells.

One other good experiment is to click “Kernel → Restart and Clear Output”, then “Save” and then “Submit” again. The point is that the grader doesn’t need to see your generated output: it just needs to call your functions.

If neither of the above are the explanation, then the next theory is that there is something about your code that is not “general”, meaning it works in the context of the notebook, but not in the context of the grader. I’m having a little trouble coming up with an example that would provoke the particular error you show.

If that doesn’t shed any light, then there is a way to look at your code, but not here in the public thread. Please consider the above suggestions and let us know if you still are having the problem.

1 Like