“What machine learning can and cannot do” should be updated

[Do courses in university such as MSAI will help learining and implementing in the field?]

1 Like

Hi @Jiratchaya_Ninsuay

Welcome to the community.

I’m sorry. I am not entirely sure if I got it right.

Could you provide a bit more information regarding your question to ensure my better understanding, so that I can assist you more effectively?

Best regards

1 Like

Hi Jiratchaya,
Thanks for this question!
All courses help learn and improve in the area of ML, thanks to which it is easier to get recognised later on when looking for a new job!
I believe you’re referring to Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence (MSAI), aren’t you? Which university would you like to do it at? Let me know.

1 Like

I agree with this and felt the same. I guess what was told is not possible with AI is possible now. Check highlighted

part in the image

2 Likes

When was this course prepared?

1 Like

Hello everyone , indeed th course is in need of some changes in light of the tremendous developments the field. But courses take a while to be prepared as they have to be tested in multiple rounds thus the information could be a bit predated.

1 Like

To my knowledge it was launched in late 2021 / early 2022.

1 Like

It depends from university to university what does they include in the courses and the level of the course .

1 Like

Hi Yokesh. Thank you for posting the slide. I took this example, created a prompt for ChatGPT using my free account and it responded a well written, empathetic reply that was paragraphs long. ChatGPT is built on top of a Large Language Model (LLM) which according to this article in Computer World magazine’s site, is machine learning.

My ChatGPT prompt:
I run an online toy store. A customer called our support line and said, “The toy arrived two days late, so I wasn’t able to give it to my niece for her birthday. Can I return it?” Please write an empathetic response to the customer.

ChatGPT’s response:
Subject: Re: Delayed Toy Delivery and Return Request

Dear [Customer’s Name],

I hope this message finds you well. I want to begin by expressing our sincerest apologies for the delay in the delivery of your order, and I understand the disappointment it must have caused, especially in regards to your niece’s birthday. I completely empathize with your situation, and I’m truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We take the timeliness of our deliveries very seriously, and it’s disheartening to know that we fell short in this instance. Your feedback is invaluable to us, as it helps us improve our services and prevent similar occurrences in the future.

Regarding your request for a return, I want to assure you that we are committed to ensuring your complete satisfaction with your purchase. We understand that the purpose of your order was to celebrate your niece’s birthday, and the delay has impacted the intended purpose of the toy. Therefore, we are more than willing to facilitate the return of the item.

To initiate the return process, please follow these steps:

1. Please package the toy securely in its original packaging if available, or in a suitable substitute.
  2. Visit our website and log in to your account.
  3. Locate the order in your order history and request a return.
  4. Follow the instructions provided to complete the return request.

Once you’ve submitted your return request, our support team will promptly review it and provide you with further instructions. Please rest assured that we will process your return as swiftly as possible and ensure you receive a full refund, including any shipping fees associated with your order.

Once again, I want to extend my deepest apologies for any inconvenience this delay has caused. We appreciate your understanding and the opportunity to make this right. If you have any further questions or require any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer support team, and they will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing our store, and we look forward to serving you better in the future.

Warm regards,

[Your Name]
Customer Support Team
[Your Store Name]
[Contact Information]

1 Like

Agree 100% that this should be corrected asap. This is an introduction course to AI and then it immediately tells the viewer what AI cannot do when it currently can do all the examples it gives.

I understand that Machine Learning outside of Deep Learning would most likely not be able to do these things but Mr. Ng repeatedly refers to “AI” not being able to accomplish these things, when he should be specifying Machine Learning with a mention that Deep Learning can indeed do these things now.

It sounds like a small thing, but for people who are completely new to AI, this sends confusing and false narrative.

Thank you for reading and I hope to see updates soon.

3 Likes

Totally agree, just realized it by watching today (Oct 2023) the whole LLM development (chatGPT, Bing, Bard) is missing

2 Likes

Totally agree. I keep trying to picture Mr Ng’s face when he first tried Chat GPT. He really kept emphasising all the things Deep Learning wasn’t able to do, so I’m sure his mind was blown when he tried it out. lol.

1 Like

Hello everyone , indeed th course is in need of some changes in light of the tremendous developments the field. But courses take a while to be prepared as they have to be tested in multiple rounds thus the information could be a bit predated.

2 Likes

That’s why, there’s a new course available now called “Generative AI for Everyone”. Whole-heartedly recommended! Sign up today:

2 Likes

Thank you all, this helps. I will enroll in Generative AI for Everyone, hope this is updated to reflect current advancements in AI and related technologies. Thanks for sharing @beawal

2 Likes