Hi - I wonder if I should finish the Math for ML/DS courses before I attempt to take this Deep Learning Specializastion. Some background:
- I was a CS major in college 20 years ago
- I just finished the ML specialization
- I could still work out those first derivatives myself such as those with logistics regression cost function’s gradient descent in MLS. Meaning I know the chain rule well enough.
- I am comfortable with numpy and know the concept behind dot, matmul etc.
- I am also familiar with statistics and basic probability
Your input will help me decide if I will skip or I should spend a month on the math before I attempt DLS. Thank you.
MLS courses are phenomenal.