Guide Me For Learning & understanding

Hello There

Greetings.

I’m new here I don’t know anything could you guys guide me please guide me from the beginning where can I start learning.

Hi, Suhail.

Welcome to the DeepLearning.AI community! There are lots of paths that you can take through all the material here, but choosing the most appropriate one for you depends on your background and what your goals are.

There is this page that gives you an overview of all that is offered here and it groups things by Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced. If you click on one of the specific courses or specializations, e.g. the Machine Learning Specialization under “Introductory”, it will also give you a sense of what is covered and what the prerequisites are.

Just to give a little more of an idea of what I mean about background and goals, if you are not currently a programmer and want to become a developer who builds AI systems to solve problems, then the first thing you need to do is take a python programming course. Most of the courses here except for AI For Everyone (AI4E) require that you already know how to program in python.

If your goal is to take any of the courses that will show you how to develop actual solutions, the other key background that you need is a solid understanding of basic Linear Algebra. You need to be very familiar with vectors and matrices and algebraic operations on them, but you don’t need to know what an eigenvalue is. If you have not previously been exposed to Linear Algebra, then the choices would be to look at the Khan Academy website or take the first course in the Math for Machine Learning (M4ML) specialization here on the DLAI site (also listed in the catalog above).

If you already know python and basic Linear Algebra and want to learn how to build ML systems, then the best place to start is probably the Machine Learning Specialization (MLS). Once you complete that, then a good next step would be the Deep Learning Specialization (DLS).

With those two completed, then there are lots of ways to go from there. You could next pick more specialized application areas like Natural Language Processing (NLP) or AI for Medicine (AI4M) or learn about a different kind of Neural Network like Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs).

If you want to know more about the math that makes all this work, then there is Math for Machine Learning (M4ML). The other specializations like MLS, DLS and NLP don’t require that you know calculus.

If you want to develop your skills with using the TensorFlow machine learning platform, there are a number of courses and specializations that focus on TF and are listed in the course catalog I gave at the beginning.

But with all that said, I should give the disclaimer that there are a number of new “short courses” on the site that deal with ChatGPT and Prompt Engineering. I have not taken those yet, so am not really qualified to discuss. I hope someone familiar with that side of things will also chime in here with some recommendation of how to approach that.

1 Like

Hey @Suhail6,
Welcome, and we are glad that you could become a part of our community :partying_face:

In addition to Paul Sir’s excellent response, please check out the “ML/DL textbooks” in this thread, and Section C of this thread. These contain some excellent advice and resources for beginners who are just starting out in their AI Journey.

As of now, all the short courses that DLAI offers are revolving about the “Generative AI” space, and how to use state-of-the-art models like ChatGPT, Diffusion models, etc to develop Gen-AI based applications. All of these courses are within a duration of 2 hours each, and if this field is something that interests you, then you can definitely check out these courses.

Another good thing is that, all of these courses, at present, can be enrolled in for free. You can find an exhaustive list of short courses offered by DLAI here. For pre-requisites, please make sure that you are familiar with Python.

Cheers,
Elemento