LLM Finetuning Toolkit

LLM FineTuning Toolkit

Github: georgian-io/LLM-Finetuning-Toolkit

Very happy to share this toolkit that allows you to fine-tune your choice of open-source LLMs on your data! The toolkit also allows you to run ablation studies across LLMs, prompt designs, training configurations, and can ingest different data files – all through just ONE YAML file! After fine-tuning, you can also run a bunch of tests to ensure that the fine-tuned LLM behaves as expected, enabling faster time-to-production!

Why this toolkit? Why now?

While closed-source LLMs have become popular for chat-based applications, enterprises are considering a shift to self-hosted SLMs (smaller language models) since there is evidence that you don’t need a gigantic model to solve narrow edge-cases. Plus, enterprises want to own the data pipeline from start to end, i.e., data ingestion, training, deployment, feedback collection and testing! Their customers’ valuable data stays within their ecosystem, allowing enterprises to not worry about compliance or data leakage issues that come up using third-party APIs.

While there are a few repositories out there that do vanilla fine-tuning, it is well known that it takes more than a one run to find the desirable setting of weights / parameters for your specific data. Bearing this pain-point in mind, we designed the toolkit to allow running multiple experiments through one config file!

Around 5 months ago, I had shared a repository that contained individual fine-tuning scripts for the most popular LLMs. While the repository received great reception from the community, there was one unanimous feedback – the community wants to build on top of our scripts! This prompted us to design the toolkit, bearing in mind the pain-points that data scientists / researchers / engineers like myself face!

Please feel free to give it a try! Looking forward to your feedback!

10 Likes

Great @rsaha kindly share the GitHub link in the explanation part of thread and not in header.

Regards
DP

2 Likes

Hi @Deepti_Prasad , I have removed the link from the header. However, I am getting an error while trying to include the link in the body of the post.

1 Like

What error does it shows? Can you share the link in subsequent comments, I will try to edit the link in the first comment.

Attaching screenshot of error:

1 Like

When I tried to include the link in this comment, I got another error:

1 Like

Is the GitHub link from your own repository?

422error related to GitHub

This error most often occurs when clicking over to Quality from a GitHub pull request status update, or when trying to access a direct Quality link from an email or other outside source

Regards
DP

Yes, the link is from the company’s repository where I work.

https:// github.com / georgian-io/LLM-Finetuning-Toolkit

1 Like

@rsaha is the GitHub link you shared related to any course of deep learning.ai??

If you are sharing a GitHub repo of any such, you are not following community guidelines.

Kindly refer this

I thought it is your repo link!

Yes, it is my repo link. Not sharing anything based on DeepLearning.AI’s courses.

The repo link is for the toolkit that I shared above.

1 Like

@rsaha as you are using a GitHub link of your company you need get consent. It seems your link is a private link of particular institution and/or organisation and it is against community guidelines. Let me check with staff on this once.

The toolkit you finetuned is from where? Probably that needs consent or permission, hence giving 422 error.

Kindly wait until staff notifies you about this, I have informed them about your issue.

Regards
DP

1 Like

The toolkit is a Github repository (where the code sits).

The repository is publicly viewable.

This is what it looks like:

3 Likes

This is cool! Thanks for sharing.

Hello @rsaha ,

I have made some changes on your user. Please try to add your link now. You should be good to go.

Hello @rsaha

The reason for your error was because you are a new user and have only level 1(regular) access.
So you were not allowed to add links to posts. You have to raise a request with the community staff to add link in case any such posts you want to create, they will provide necessary access.

Also I conveyed your issue to the concerned person and they provided access to you to upload the link, so you can share the link now.

These steps are for community safety concerns and not to discourage learners.

Regards
DP