Computer advice and introduction to ai

Hello, I am studying computer engineering, I have laid my foundations in both code and image processing and data science with models such as YOLO and I want to improve myself in the field of artificial intelligence. I have an Apple Macbook M2 16gb ram computer, do you think it is enough or not, what kind of device do I need. and how should I start as a starter? The reason I ask this question is that even in a 2.30 minute test video with YOLO V8, it gets very hot and difficult. Thank you in advance for your answers

@T.Necat in my personal experience it depends on both the class and type of problem you wish to study.

I mean not everything requires an A100, but you can rent those ‘off site’ if you need to (i.e. Lambda Labs: https://lambdalabs.com/).

Better question I think is figuring out what is the problem I am trying to solve and then what is the model I want to (at least try) and use.

Knowing that will get you much closer to the ballpark.

First of all, thank you very much for your answer @Nevermnd

I want to focus myself on open source artificial intelligence technologies such as Llama, Stability AI’s Stable Diffusion, which serve functions such as both llm and image generation. As I said, I am currently in the learning process and if I have a mistake, I would love to be corrected or if you have any advice.

I will work more on my own behalf and since I am in the learning process, my question was a question like whether the rtx 4070 graphics card is enough, not the A100.

I want to ask one more thing, how do you think the performance of the llm model running on Nvidia’s own graphics card? I couldn’t experience it.