How to implementing what I have learnt?

Hi All,
I have enrolled in machine learning specialization in beginners section. There are 3 main topics Supervised learning, Advanced algorithms & Unsupervised learning. I will be completing these topics by the end of this month. I am having trouble to find projects to implement what I have learnt.

1. Can anyone let me know which projects to do so that I can build a portfolio of projects.
  2. Is Kaggle a good source of practice?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same question. Kindly let me know when you find a helpful answer.
Thank you.

sure

Yes, Kaggle is a great place to look for projects to apply and further develop your knowledge. You can start by trying some of the past projects, as opposed to the currently active challenges, so that you have the worked examples also that you can compare to your solutions.

They also have a lot of educational material on their website. Once you finish MLS, the next logical step would be to take DLS: that will give you a deeper (pun intended) view of neural networks than you get in MLS and covers more sophisticated networks like Convolutional Networks (for computer vision and image analysis) and Sequence Models (for Natural Language Processing and LLMs). You’ll need to know those techniques for some of the Kaggle projects.

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the answer. Actually, you answered one more question that I had but did not ask …(Which course to take next).

1. I will start with solved kaggle challanges and try to complete them.
  2. After MLS, I will start with deep learning specialization.
1 Like

That sounds like an excellent “roadmap”. Let us know if you find any particularly useful and interesting projects on Kaggle that other people can learn from.

Once you finish DLS, there are also lots of choices here for further courses, but that depends on the types of application areas you are interested in.

1 Like

Hey @Anurag_Satya_Sai_Vay and @iiqra_iq,

I’d like to suggest you the “Mathematics for Machine Learning and Data Science Specialization” by Luis Serrano. If you aren’t very familiar with Linear Algebra, Calculus and Statistics, Luis - just like Andrew - has that gorgeous gift to teach such topics in a fun and very well understandable manner.

Even if you are familiar with these, I think the courses are still very valuable, either for repetition or to strengthen a better intuition.
Good Luck!

1 Like