Asking for AI Roadmap

Hi Everyone,
I am Ahmed Gamal. I am a fresh graduate pharmacist. I just finished “AI for Everyone” course and found that I need to learn more about AI. So there are some questions in my mind:

1. If I haven’t learned any programming language before, Should I learn a programming language first or just jump to the machine learning specialization?

2. If though, Which language should I learn and resources if possible?

3. If I don’t have a solid foundation in mathematics, Should I take the Mathematics for machine learning specialization first?

4. I have a good medical background, How can I use AI to affect or to matrix between the two roads?

5. Should I follow the general Roadmap or maybe a personalized Roadmap that can my state?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @Ahmed_Gamal97 that’s great!!

Yes, you do need a programming language, python will be the best option, this specialization is amazing in providing the basic stuff needed.

I think math does help but is not a most have, so you can take the Machine Learning Specialization but some concepts of the Mathematics for Machine Learning will help you to have a better understanding.

I am a medical student, so I love medical projects as well, most of them involve medical diagnosis through image classification using machine learning, there is also a specialization AI for Medicine that can help you.

Overall, I would suggest using a roadmap that fits to your needs, as you understand and learn more concepts you’ll like to test new things, take different courses and create different projects, so you can take this as a starting guide and build your path as you learn more things.

Please let me know if this answers your questions

2 Likes

Hi @Ahmed_Gamal97

1. If you haven’t learned any programming language before, it is recommended to start by learning a programming language before jumping into machine learning. Python is a popular choice for machine learning and there are many resources available to learn it.
  2. If you don’t have a solid foundation in mathematics, it may be helpful to take a mathematics for machine learning specialization first. This will give you a better understanding of the concepts used in machine learning and help you better understand the algorithms.
  3. Your medical background can be used to apply AI in the field of medicine, such as developing predictive models for disease diagnosis or drug discovery. There are many resources available to learn about AI in healthcare, such as the AI For Medicine by DeepLearning.AI on Coursera.
  4. A general roadmap can be a good starting point, but it may be helpful to also create a personalized roadmap that takes into account your current skills, interests, and goals. This way, you can focus on the topics that are most relevant to you.

Let me know if you have any questions

Regards:
Muhammad John Abbas

1 Like